Thread: I thought it was just Original / Diana triggers...

edbear2 Guest

I thought it was just Original / Diana triggers...

That I am wary of because of "flying bearing" syndrome....However earlier on (and in my defence I have had a long busy day), I thought I would pop out a tap on an Airsporter MK6 I have here to clean the action, because it is full of remnants of buffer washer.

Anyway, lever off, shim off, press on tap loading side (with cupped hand on other side...and I have done loads of these before).

OKAYYY........Where the hell is the ball and spring!!!....I know it was there before

They had gone 10 feet across the bleedin' garage without me realising it!.....and it took nearly 15 mins of crouching and shining a torch to spot them (it's a bit of a mess at the mo' because we have a lot of the in-laws stuff stored).

Thank god for my gazillion lumen terralux Maglight conversion, which saved the day....I also found several usable pellets of various types, and a carbide tip holder screw I had given up for dead

So...Put a cloth round the things, and pay attention, even though you have done loads is the moral I suppose

TTFN, ED

We have all been there Ed..... I now put a towel over the item to receive treatment and my hands underneath that...
    Sometimes. lol.

Pete.

Someone once told me - 'When stripping small intricate parts do it a plastic bag'.
    When I stripped my Daystate magazine I nearly suffocated.

I once dropped a small keeper screw while working on one of my rifles. After searching for an hour with torch and magnet amongst all the tools, wrags etc. I resigned myself to modifying another to fit. It was only later than night when I took my boots off I found it jammed in the tread.

Oh the joys of gunsmithing.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have even lost small springs & ball bearings whilst working on pistols within a plastic bag around them. In theory my workshop should be knee deep in ball bearings & small springs.
    I must have spent days looking for the things over the years so now I keep ball bearings from 0.5mm to 6mm dia in stock together with hundreds of small springs, life's too short & I don't have much left!

Never got the right size spring though, damn!
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

flying balls & springs

You have better luck than me, I also often find previously lost items while searching for errant parts that ping away in my garage but never seem to find the bits I'm actually looking for(although they usually turn up after I've bought new replacements!)

the thing that amazes me is we kind of know the flight path that said object takes and roughley where it ought to be ish but when / if you find it its never anywhere near where you thought it should be
    WHEN AN OLD MAN DIES A LIBRARY BURNS DOWN