Thread: Cheap tools!

edbear2 Guest

Cheap tools!

I know this is not strictly "collectable" info......but I would presume that more people in this section are "tinkerers", and maybe also many of you don't venture often into the non-airgun section. Anyhow, I posted a link there to a guy who is disposing of new old stock Stubs files....The needle files are Swiss made, and the workshop ones are good old Sheffield steel. I can't emphasise how much better these are, quality wise than the junk that machine mart and similar places sell....a single decent 10" flat file will cost £10+ these days, and these top quality ones will last for years given a bit of care. Anyway.....sorry to harp on, but they really are cheap as chips, and the ones I bought (loads) will see me out I am sure

http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478077

Bought some cheers

Thumbs up

Me too! Thanks for the 'heads up', Ed, these really are good, quality tools.

Doug
    ... 'My Good Deals' - see >here<, post #538
    BASC
    >visit their website< & find out how to join

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Not sure to say thanks because I am not sure that I will use them, but they are SO cheap and SO splendid, I bought a set.

Actually I have loads of project I can give them a work-out on, and when I have sold them I can buy a Moto Morini 350 and really go to town...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Not sure to say thanks because I am not sure that I will use them, but they are SO cheap and SO splendid, I bought a set.

Actually I have loads of project I can give them a work-out on, and when I have sold them I can buy a Moto Morini 350 and really go to town...
    Err

None left now...

No mixed sets anyways...

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

Sports or Strada?
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Err

None left now...

No mixed sets anyways...

Thats right apparently 'some fat b4rstard' bought the last set

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    That's right apparently 'some fat b4rstard' bought the last set
    Nowt to do wi' me.......I posted the link (immediately after buying mine), on the 17th, ...not my fault if you can't be arsed to make full use of all the facilities this excellent BBS provides

I am going to make a nice wooden rack to hang all my new, shiny, Sheffield made, razor sharp, high speed steel, various size and cuts, but best of all, cheap files on.

If you are up this way, you can have a little go with them, provided you use a little oil on the job (if filing wrought steels), or a bit of chalk (if filing alloys), and clean them thoroughly afterwards and replace them in their correct place

Have I mentioned how cheap they were
    Last edited by edbear2; 21-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.

You don't need them, Pete...your wit is so sharp that you could quip a few thou off with each cutting remark!...

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post

If you are up this way, you can have a little go with them, provided you use a little oil on the job (if filing steels), or a bit of chalk (if filing alloys), and clean them thoroughly afterwards and replace them in their correct place
    I'm exactly the same with the flap discs for my grinder...
    blah blah

Re Binners....

Who are you calling fat.......

edbear2 Guest
    I got an email from the seller today as I asked him if there were any more....he said they have the entire stock of stubs files as far as he knows, and will be listing more sets as soon as they get amongst all the stock they have

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Sports or Strada?
    The 350 Sport, one of the early ones with the drum-brakes at the front end. Drums don't bother me because I won't ride it, just disassemble and reassemble it in my living room and occassionally kick it over to listen to the throb of the ickle V-twin.

Don't you know motorbikes are dangerous?

The seller must read this site because now there are more mixed sets on there, get em while they're going...Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    The seller must read this site because now there are more mixed sets on there, get em while they're going...Dave...
    Yes there are many bargains, just got a few files and hacksaw frame etc

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!