Thread: British P-1864 Snider type Breech Loading Infantry Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by njaw View Post
    Hi chaps

I've bought a few rifles from uk-militaria. Two Gahendra's, a Francotte and a mk 4 Martini Henry.

The first rifle I bought was one of their untouched (and seized) Gahendra rifles. It cost around £120 (after the 70%) and needed a full strip. It was great fun to tinker with and practice my limited gunsmithing skills. It turned out as a nice looking wall hanger and I managed to get it working. This experience helped me buy another, better Gahendra along with a good Francotte (quite rare).

By the way, there are loads of websites dedicated to the restoration of these Nepalese rifles.

The MK4 Martini I bought a couple of weeks ago. It cost £388 including postage. It is in stunning condition and an absolute steal at that price.

In a nutshell, despite their strange sales gimmick, you can get a good rifle from uk-militaria. Also, you get the chance to actually see pictures and ask questions about the actual rifles you're considering buying.

I hope this helps.
    Just received an Enfield number 4 spike bayonet, from UK Militaria, with sheath, in lovely condition.

£11.50 including postage.
    Last edited by RogerH; 15-09-2010 at 08:09 AM.

Very interesting. I've eyed-up items on the UK Militaria site before but I'm too suspicious of the 70% discount. Perhaps I need to reconsider....

Quote Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
    Very interesting. I've eyed-up items on the UK Militaria site before but I'm too suspicious of the 70% discount. Perhaps I need to reconsider....
    Yes they process the payment in a rather strange way. First I received a refunded payment on my credit card for £45.50 followed a by a charge for £57.00 a few days later. Total cost £11.50 and that included £4 delivery. Lovely bayonet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
    As I said I wasn't keen on the idea but earlier threads on here showed lots of people had bought from them so I went with it. At the end of the day the credit card company is responsible anyway.

I was well pleased with my £120.00 Martini...... but no, I still haven't finished it.