Thread: British P-1864 Snider type Breech Loading Infantry Rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

British P-1864 Snider type Breech Loading Infantry Rifle

I've just ordered my birthday present an untouched British P-1864 Snider type Breech Loading Infantry Rifle from IMA.

Has anyone else ordered one of these from IMA?

I was also wondering about import duty. My wife seems to think there is no import duty on antiques just a bit of VAT to pay.

Should keep be busy during the winter evenings.

i was charged vat on my antique parts from japan but i could reclaim it back but didnt.....love to see pics when it arrives mate

Quote Originally Posted by loiner1965 View Post
    i was charged vat on my antique parts from japan but i could reclaim it back but didnt.....love to see pics when it arrives mate
    Thanks Stephen I'll post some pictures when it arrives, prob in 3-4 weeks.
    Roger

When you say untouched, are these the ones that came from Nepal? If so they are available over here from these people:

http://www.uk-militaria.com/shop/shop.php

The price shown is £930.00 but their sales gimmick is you only pay 30% of the price so actual cost is £279.00 (plus £20.00 carriage).

I bought one of the Martini Henrys, which was just £130.00, excellent value.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post
    When you say untouched, are these the ones that came from Nepal? If so they are available over here from these people:

The price shown is £930.00 but their sales gimmick is you only pay 30% of the price so actual cost is £279.00 (plus £20.00 carriage).

I have purchased a gahendra and a snider from them, the snider has a cracked stock. But in all fairness this only came to light when I stripped off the dirt etc. It had been repaired in the distant past. I think the nepalese guns are excellent value if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    I have purchased a gahendra and a snider from them, the snider has a cracked stock. But in all fairness this only came to light when I stripped off the dirt etc. It had been repaired in the distant past. I think the nepalese guns are excellent value if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.
    Thats why I've bought it. I've never attempted anything like this and I like a challenge. At £290 whats there to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by markH View Post

No such offer on at the moment price is £930. Yes mine is from the Nepal cache. Works out including postage at about £290. The price of a basic Ruger. Nice little restoration project.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Snider Enfield

Any news on yours yet Roger? fascinated to know condition, and if you got hit for vat?! atb Paul

Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Any news on yours yet Roger? fascinated to know condition, and if you got hit for vat?! atb Paul

Hi Paul

I've got it but I'm not allowed to get my hands on it till my birthday next week.
    I've been allowed to have the bayonet. It was covered in a light rust but has cleaned up quite nicely. I only had to pay import VAT on the freight and the cleaning kit. The total to pay was just under £14. Three days to arrive in the UK, sitting in customs for over two weeks

I'll post some pictures of my birthday prezzie next week.
    Last edited by RogerH; 14-10-2010 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spellink

Thanks Roger, also my birthday next week on the 20th, sadly I do not think I am getting one of these! look forward to the pics - happy trails Paul

Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Thanks Roger, also my birthday next week on the 20th, sadly I do not think I am getting one of these! look forward to the pics - happy trails Paul

Happy birthday for next week Paul, mines on the 19th.

Cheers Roger, you have a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
    Happy birthday for next week Paul, mines on the 19th.
    Happy Birthday RogerH, have you unwrapped your gun yet?