Thread: Hi from a miserable Sherwood Forest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    welcome mate

It’s a friendly place with a slippery slope Spike so welcome & enjoy the stay …………..

Welcome and happy plinking

thanks for the welcome guy's
    how 24 hours can screw your head up!
    yesterday I was decided on a good quality springer, and today it's an S400!

what's with all the choices and options and varaition in rifles.... I'll soon decided I need both and be off selling my soul for a tin of pellets....

I really need some help...

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Why miserable? And here's us Americans, believing that the men of Sherwood Forest are all merrie. Except for your sheriff, of course!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Well Jim, there's a sky full of cloud, it's dark and drizzly our government are a band of two faced robbers and the riches of the country have been spent amongst the evil bankers.

Our Sheriff (and we still have one!) is nowhere to be seen.

The men have had their pubs shut due to recession and I've not seen anything around here as attractive as Marion in some years!

Apart from that, we keep our heads high and can always find a deep fat Fryer if we need to cheer ourselves up.

Hope things are good with you my friend?

Steve

Ah, a mixed bag here Steve, but such is life. I retired in December, and retirement surely hasn't been what I expected.

No, I'm not sitting around bored, wishing I were back at work. But by the time I got my pension straightened out, I developed any eye abrasion and infection, and by the time I healed from that, my wife developed cancer, and while she was healing from the surgery and about to commence on radiation therapy, she developed a blood clot and died.

Now I'm going through the mess attendant any death.

But still...New Orleans is a great place, the sun is shining (at the moment), I have my pets and my airguns and my BBS friends, I don't have to go back to that hellhole of a job I retired from, and I'm working with my wife's college library (she was Chair of the English department) to built a library collection in her memory. So, I guess we must be grateful for what we have.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Spike67 View Post

Our Sheriff (and we still have one!) is nowhere to be seen.

Steve
    You would think that being Sheriff of Nottingham would be a job for someone who loves attention and can put up with a lot of kidding!

Jim