Thread: 1 inch groups at 153 yards (paper target shooting)

1 inch groups at 153 yards (paper target shooting)

i have just got my dayate airwolf mvt fac back from dayate.

after 1 year of pure frustration i have got it back on the target shooting range.

zeroed at 30 yards.

32 ft/lbs.

950 fps

air arms field with pellet lube. 5.51.

first shot, a stem of grass was chopped off. as i had major cross over problems before it came back from the factory. 1 yard behind i shot at my stone wall then place another less than 1 inch bellow to the left.

i was aiming nine mill dots down from cross hair at 153 yards.

thanks to alan (engineer at daysate for his help). Thanks to daystate for making the best airgun i have ever shot.

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Notice you say about lube, I've not tried using lube on pellets for my MVT as I was worried it might mess up sensor.

lube

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Notice you say about lube, I've not tried using lube on pellets for my MVT as I was worried it might mess up sensor.
    yes it has affected the crono readings.

i put three small sprays in a bag over 500 pellets.
    i think one spray will be better but this would hardly cover the pellets evenly.

i do think the lube helps with the accuray but i do not think the crono likes it .

i am told it helps to protect the pellets, and the barrel.

i think maybe the jsb and aa field have a tiny bit of lube from the factory allready but the guy at the gun shops says no.

one thing that has helped is learning some basic shooting technique and setting the triger to very very light. i bet the trigger pull is only a few oz.

hi

great shooting that...
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g