Thread: Hello again, back after several years.

drako Guest

Hello again, back after several years.

Hello everyone

My name is Matt, I was pretty active on the bbs a few years back, did a bit of rabbiting for a couple years and used to win the odd medal at Shepreth and Lea valley.

I've been away for several reasons, work and being out of the country for two, but I have land now and want to get my old Webley out again.

I'm wondering if any new laws have come in since last a shot? I stopped at about the time the law came out that you could only buy a rifle in person, thus killing mail order.

Also, are Ben Taylor, John Bowkett and Steve Pope still kicking about? I've had rifles from all three in the past, but only I've only my Longbow right now.

I'm thinking of getting a little .22 BSA Ultra to take care of the rabbit problem in the paddock and ease my way back to shooting, I'm rusty as hell!

Have fun all

Matt.

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hello, and welcome back

Hi Matt, good to have you back

The three main men you mentioned are all still doing the business and are pretty busy fella's from what I've heard ! Ben Taylor's moved from his Cambridge place though and is working with Milbro IIRC..

Rgds-dave.

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Hi Matt, hope you've been keeping well mate. Will we see you back at Shepreth now?

Mark.

The latest law is you can only shoot when there is an R in the month, but not an E.

And you can't shoot on Sunday between 10am and 4pm when Tesco is open.

Pellets can only be purchased in tins of 20 and you have to take the old tin back to buy a new one.

Rabbits are now on the endangered species list, so can't be shot along with pigeons and everything in the Corvid family.

HFT is now banned as people where having too much fun.

And you won't be able to sell your Webley on here until you have 4 or more posts

Apart from that its business as usual so welcome back.

drako Guest
    Cool, thanks for all the advice. Nice to see that I can still get some custom work done

drako Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    Hi Matt, hope you've been keeping well mate. Will we see you back at Shepreth now?

Mark.

Alright Mark?

Yep, a Shepreth visit is on the cards. It will be nice to see the old shepreth regulars again and catch up

jinx is offline Southern Hunter Champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by drako View Post
    Alright Mark?

Yep, a Shepreth visit is on the cards. It will be nice to see the old shepreth regulars again and catch up
    The calender on the website is up to date, pick a day and come and see if you can still hit something .

hi and welcome

hellow and welcome back

Hi Matt

I'm a similar position to yourself!! hello & welcome back.

Regards
    Matt
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22