Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

I'm very interested in this scope. Any idea if it would mount on a Rapid? I have some 30mm mounts lying around.

Regards

Lionel

Quote Originally Posted by sprocker View Post
    If you look at the photo details one was taken in June, the other September so it might have been a brighter day.
    They were both taken on the same day.

When you use the Connect, you will find it very bright. Taking photos through a scope like that is a huge compromise, and I was just illustrating the field of view at 10X. The camera lens had to be right up against the eyepiece and in exactly the correct position. Sadly, I am not perfect...

HTH

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    You could mount it as low as you like for a 32mm front end bud.

What I would say is try and borrow some medium and high and try it out.

This new connect works pretty well without the eye bellows.

This is good news for wearers of bicycle optics..., or if you shoot prone/off of a bipod a lot.

The old unit used to pretty well demand your head was at right angles to the eye piece to get a good sight picture, and it was not too clever without some sort of eyepiece.

The new Connect works well either way, and is pretty flexible, so try what you can.

If you have a mag that prodrudes where the objective sits, you are probably looking at high mounts though.

If you get something that is fairly slim (BKL etc) you will have room for a lamp etc on the front end.
    Hi mate.

I have a bsa r10 so the mag is not going to affect mount choice
    Tried high mounts before and as I shoot off a bipod it hurt my neck currently using medium mounts on a x42 objective scope which works well.

Was wondering more if a low mount gives an advantage due to it being closer to the barrel line?

Cheers.
    BSA R10 J.B tuned .22
    AirArms TX200 MK3 .177 - SOLD

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    Hi mate.

I have a bsa r10 so the mag is not going to affect mount choice
    Tried high mounts before and as I shoot off a bipod it hurt my neck currently using medium mounts on a x42 objective scope which works well.

Was wondering more if a low mount gives an advantage due to it being closer to the barrel line?

Cheers.
    I guess you could try mate.

I have mine on high mounts but I am dealing with a protruding mag and a bridge piece, and they are still comfortable....but I do have adjustable cheek pieces and butt plates on both rifles I use Viper connects on. not a pre requisite, but something I aim to have on all of my rifles eventually (apart from the Huntsman where I have not compromised on cheek weld and gone single shot instead).

What I have found is that the Viper connect, as it works just as well without the rubber bellows, is not very far removed from a normal scope, it just has very short eye relief.

I am sorry I cannot give you a difinitive "Yes" it will or "No" it wont work, but since we are all different sizes, shapes, have different eye sight settings (?) and rifles, it really is a case of suck it and see

I really dont think it will give you much trouble though.

This is probably why MTC have not provided mounts. To get the best out of the Viper Connect you really do have to consider how you mount it in relation to mount, eyesight, etc etc. I guess they would only fit some users, so would maybe be a bit of a waste.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne509 View Post
    On the images posted by Peakecentral, the image taken looking through the connect seems to be quite a bit darker than through the conventional scope. Has anyone found this to be the case?
    As Martin says, the brightness can be a bit of a shock initially.

I still get a bit of a shock every time I look into a connect. Someone suggested that going back to a normal scope is a bit like peering through a bog roll...there may be something in that

Where they really come into their own is low light or fast target aquisition.

I may even give lamping another bash with this one.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

I'll try fitting my Connect onto a Rapid tomorrow and see how it works out. I'm anticipating the objective bell fouling on the action without using a riser block. Hoping this scope is going to be worth all the effort.......

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Rapid fit

Well, I've just fitted the Connect to a Fenman on the standard 30mm mount, so it should go on a Rapid OK. There's about 4-5mm clearance between the objective bell and the metalwork beneath.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Just been bad and put one on the credit card

Hope it is worth the trouble I'm about to get in

Quote Originally Posted by wayne509 View Post
    Just been bad and put one on the credit card

Hope it is worth the trouble I'm about to get in
    let us know what you think!

what mount height you going to try to?

I really want one due to the size and weight, perfect for hunting!
    BSA R10 J.B tuned .22
    AirArms TX200 MK3 .177 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by delta1946 View Post
    let us know what you think!

what mount height you going to try to?

I really want one due to the size and weight, perfect for hunting!
    No idea at present.
    I am just in the process of purchasing a verminator so think it will end up on that but will be going on my MK 4 for a bit of target practice tomorrow night if i get time.

I have various mounts here but would imagine i will need to use high ones if i still want to use the mag on the MK $

Don't think the verminator magazine sticks up much at all so should sit well on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Well, I've just fitted the Connect to a Fenman on the standard 30mm mount, so it should go on a Rapid OK. There's about 4-5mm clearance between the objective bell and the metalwork beneath.

D.
    Excellent news, thanks!

With low/medium mounts & the wide FOV of this scope I was wondering whether the barrel of the rifle showed in the sight picture?

Also what is the all up weight including the mounts?

ATB

Ken

Hi Ken
    I have one on my MK3 and it doesn't on there

Mine just arrived and first impressions are wow.....so very clear. More like looking through a camera lens than a rifle scope.

Focused easily down to 3 or 4 yards in my lounge

Have quickly chucked it on my MK4 ( isn't for that rifle ) but doesn't seem to be able to be mounted quite far enough back for my liking. I think if i used the single shot tray and mounted it lower this may not be an issue. Not too fussed as it is for my verminator so will reserve judgement till then.

My previous scope was a Nikko Stirling Gameking which i thought was good but the sharpness, brightness and clarity of this scope are amazing to a newb like me.

Function over form and all that but this scope does look kind of weird and will take some getting used to

Overall very pleased

Thanks Gary

I've been thinking about one for my Wolf, which at the moment has a Mamba Lite 3-12x44.

Is the weight with mounts about the same? Circa 22 oz?

ATB

Ken