Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect

I've got one on a mk4 on low mounts and the barrel does show on 3x and 4x zoom, any higher and it doesnt. It was the same on my wolf, Thats on low mounts again though.

I don't mind it at all though.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne509 View Post
    Mine just arrived and first impressions are wow.....so very clear. More like looking through a camera lens than a rifle scope.

Focused easily down to 3 or 4 yards in my lounge

Have quickly chucked it on my MK4 ( isn't for that rifle ) but doesn't seem to be able to be mounted quite far enough back for my liking. I think if i used the single shot tray and mounted it lower this may not be an issue. Not too fussed as it is for my verminator so will reserve judgement till then.

My previous scope was a Nikko Stirling Gameking which i thought was good but the sharpness, brightness and clarity of this scope are amazing to a newb like me.

Function over form and all that but this scope does look kind of weird and will take some getting used to

Overall very pleased
    Glad you like it, Mr Doubting Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    Thanks Gary

I've been thinking about one for my Wolf, which at the moment has a Mamba Lite 3-12x44.

Is the weight with mounts about the same? Circa 22 oz?

ATB

Ken
    Not too different Ken, but the weight is further back so feels much lighter

Quote Originally Posted by kwiky View Post
    I've got one on a mk4 on low mounts and the barrel does show on 3x and 4x zoom, any higher and it doesnt. It was the same on my wolf, Thats on low mounts again though.

I don't mind it at all though.
    Oops..I never thought to try it on x4 or below The FOV is so wide that I only ever use 5 and 10x

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    Quote Originally Posted by wayne509 View Post
    Focused easily down to 3 or 4 yards in my lounge
    Just checked mine, minimum focus distance for a sharp picture at 10x is 7m.
    Last edited by Hurricane; 21-10-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Glad you like it, Mr Doubting Thomas

Just back from the range Gary and absolutely loving it. I will have to figure out how to move it back a little bit but the sharpness and reticle are superb.

Everyone that shot my gun commented how much they loved it.
    A bit more mag was the only criticism from some but the range is only 25m and i found 10 x perfect.
    I reckon a few will be treating themselves to a nice new Xmas pressie

Now what do i sell to afford one for the other gun

Connect

I've been experimenting with fitting the little blighter on a variety of air rifles and came close to throwing the scope out of the window at times. On a Rapid Tactical, I managed to get it roughly aligned with my right eyeball after removing the rifle's adjustable butt pad and sliding the comb as far to the right as it would go. If I could only have had part of my nose bridge surgically removed and induced Theoben to make a set-back 30mm mount, the combo would have been range-ready. Luckily for my sanity, the Connect fits much better on a new-style HW100KT and, once I can source some significantly lower mounts, this combo will be very promising. I'm finding the exit pupil on the top mag setting to be very tiny indeed but, on 3x, the thing comes up to the eye quite readily without too much faffing about. It's a shame the bullpup concept fizzled out, as this scope would be ideal.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Just fitted the connect to my verminator using a weaver rail and weaver mounts and it is superb. Looks a bit odd but seems to suit this rifle better, looks wise than the MK4. Used it today for 100 or so pellets and am so happy with my purchase. With the verminator you can offset the butt section slightly allowing me to keep my head in a natural position.
    Here is a pic........
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...T/DSC00413.jpg
    Steyr LG110 + TAC 30 10 x 42

Connect on Verminator

I agree, it looks pretty weird and of course the scope is sitting very high relative to the bore. However, if the scope is positioned OK relative to the shooter's eye, that's as good as it's going to get. I've collected my low 30mm mounts from the AGC today and will get the Connect set up on my HW100KT. I'm itching to get the thing out into the field after all this experimentation.

D.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    I agree, it looks pretty weird and of course the scope is sitting very high relative to the bore. However, if the scope is positioned OK relative to the shooter's eye, that's as good as it's going to get. I've collected my low 30mm mounts from the AGC today and will get the Connect set up on my HW100KT. I'm itching to get the thing out into the field after all this experimentation.

D.
    The only reason it is so high is that it is the only mounts i could get in a hurry.
    I was a bit concerned about the height but after shooting with it today can confirm that this is how it is going to stay. The thing just fits me great and is deadly accurate. Every report i have read says to use the high mounts on the verminator anyway. These high mounts are not as high as my regular airgun dovetail mounts so with the added height of the weaver rail are really only 6mm higher than i would have had a conventional scope. ( did that make sense? ) I may try medium height rings if i can get a hold of a set for a few quid

I still need to try the whole weaver rail set up on the MK4. If i can get it as good and comfortable as i can on the verminator i will just purchase another weaver rail and swap the scope from rifle to rifle ( a 2 min job)

Just as a side note.... On 3x mag i can just see the silencer creeping into view. This really isn't as much of a distraction as you may think.

On my AirWolf it is very close to Mag, at this height on x3 you can see most of the barrel
    So, how many of you have binned the lens cap?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    On my AirWolf it is very close to Mag, at this height on x3 you can see most of the barrel
    So, how many of you have binned the lens cap?
    Why bin the lens cap?

Second time in a rifle bag it fell off, it clips in very weakly, so why have a cap on the front when the rear lens has none?

Second time in a rifle bag it fell off, it clips in very weakly, so why have a cap on the front when the rear lens has none?
    Touch wood mine has been fine so far

Because you can't open a lens cap when you have a scope enhancer on..

Drop us a line and we'll replace the objective cover, no biggie and we've had no other problems with them