Hey there fellow airgun enthusiasts.

My name is Neil, I come from Devon, and I've been shooting airguns since before I could hold them properly!

I started out with a trusty/ rusty old .22 BSA Airsporter MkI, learnt alot about handling and accuracy with that old thing. Then I picked up a cometa 5 that lasted less than a week before the stock snapped in half, right down through the grip; replaced that with a chinese sidelever 'thing' that had the worst trigger & recoil you can imagine. I ditched that and bought a Gamo P800 pistol that was alot of fun, then stepped up a few ( dozen ) notches and splashed out on a .22 Weirauch HW45. That was a real beast of a pistol but I had to let it go after little while because I nearly lost my fingers a few times- if it had an anti-bear trap mechanism, well, it didnt work very well...
After that I quickly picked up a HW75 that I've had for maybe 4-5 years of so, great pistol, very accurate and excellent handling/ build quality.

I've also had my dream rifle, a .177 RWS Series 500+ for about 6-7 years too, though that is very much on its last legs unfortunately. The block with the guage & filling valve has stripped out, specifically the filling valve thread; never buy from 'The Airgun Centre' if you rely on good aftersales service- they offer free services for as long as you own the rifle, just pay postage. Well, I got one free service about 3-4 years ago & then a few months ago when I contacted them I got stone walled. I have to lay some blamce at the door of Daystate though; I'd love to know which genious though having an action made of aluminium & a filling valve made of steel was a good idea..

Anyway, attempting to locate some spares for that at present, though if this last-ditch effort doesnt work I will be looking for a nice new rifle, though I love this 500+ so much I'd like an Airranger probably- no electronic trigger for me, Im old skool...