Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: peacemakers

peacemakers

hi all,
    anyone experince either Cattleman or San Marco m/l copies of the peacemaker?
    opinions welcome.They seem to sell quick when they get advertised
    Also any views on 777 powder ? Is it cleaner than pirodex?
    accuracy any good/
    thank you

They look good but from my encounters with them accuracy and barn door spring to mind.

I have the 7.5" Uberti Cattleman .. shoots ok at 20 - 25 yards. Don't shoot it that often as it's a faff to load but it's good fun. Previously had the shorter barrel model and it was dreadful .. inaccurate and really noisy for 15 grains of powder. I stick to Pyrodex and haven't tried 777 so would be interested too.
    My wife complains that I've got more sense than money.

I had the 5 1/2" one and it couldn't hit the target very often at 25 yards.My Rodgers and Spencer held the 9 ring .It also hit people at the side of me with burnt powder.It looked good but I sold it.

I shoot 777 FFFG in my Ruger Old Army 45. It cleans up with water and is said to be more accurate but I could not hit the side of a barn with a hand gun - even if I were inside the barn! I use between 15 and 17 Gns by weight in mine. The 777 FFG that I use in my Enfield 3-band gives excllent accuracy and easy clean up, plus you don't need a black powder licence.

I've got two. A 4.75" and a 7.5". Both of them shoot well and are comparable to my other Uberti's and Euroarms.

Avoid unless making bangs and random holes is your thing. They are not good.
    Go with the NMA/Ruger/Roger+S/ if you want to shoot groups.

Sorry to OP for this question but whats the Ruger that is no longer made that everyone is after.

I think that would be the Ruger Old Army, early ones in .44 later models rated as .45

when i first started i was all about the black powder for being authentic, but to be honest there is a reason it was scrapped lol, triple 7 dosent wreck your metal and shorten the fun, on pyropdex i got about 80 shots but to be fair it was still going, just making the cylinder mess about and sticky, tripple 7 ive gone much further and shot most of the night and just get a dry sooty build up which can be wiped off with a wet wipe or run under some cold water if you have access, and thats with a remington new army model, the musket i have is only a .36 and i was playing with it all night must have put 150 - 200 and was still going, would have thoer a smaller bore with tight balls and patch would have stoped much earlier, so everyone to there own, but id rather pay the difrence and keep going and keep my health as i have asthma and my chest dosent go with tripple 7

Wink peacemaker

Quote Originally Posted by acmsarh View Post
    They look good but from my encounters with them accuracy and barn door spring to mind.
    I found with mine if I close the barn doors I can hit them from the inside of the barn no probs

Thumbs up peacemakers

see the Cattleman posts

Hey,

see this thread:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372393

Plenty of pictures etc. Also got a video of me shooting a nitro conversion here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFYYmJvg4j8

I had the original black powder version in 4 3/4". It was ok but not great. Very loud and not very easy to shoot. The fact that you had to strip the weapon to load it meant it took forever to load! Plus wen they got hot and dirty it was very hard to get the cylinder guide rod out!

I'm a bit of a Colt collector so my reasons for wanting one again are mainly for show, and a bit of a fun gun where i'm not bothered about grouping size.

After i sold this is got a Colt 1851.....it really is a Colt too which is amazing, espec that i only got it for £175! I don't think the shop that had it really knew what they were sitting on. To top it all off, its a competition winner! I'm geting 2-3 inch groupings without any problems!

Review of the Colt 1851:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oASAm4A1J3Y

Shooting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juh4WmF6wM8

Here's mine, first 6 shots in a row at 15 (only shot it once before), had been filing the foresight, nearly got it sorted.

I enjoyed it.

Looking for another if anyone knows of one?

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00838.jpg

re peacemarker

Dont get any mess shooting my peacemaker or navy 1851, shoots pritty good up to 20 yards, shame its a brocock.
    Would love to shoot black powder but my local RFD says i have to get explovsives cert , health and safety course.
    Any tips on starting black powder shooting, i have a firearms and shotgun cert.
    cheers chris

i saw on the range the other day a bloke came loaded a musket and bang,
    well i must say it was different, seeing him pour the powder,ram it etc.
    He did not seem pleased when i said can you get one in automatic.
    He got the bull on a pistol target at 50 yards and the smell great and the cloud of smoke was fantastic.
    take the fight to the fight, never retreat and a man with two guns but only one mag