Thread: HI to all

HI to all

Hi,
    I Bought an Airarms Pro-Sport a year and a half ago and have been poppin down to out local club on and off since. Had numerous air rifles when i was growing up, and spent twenty years using shotguns mainly for pest control, But till the air rifle came along i had given up shooting, Been also toying, with the idea of getting just one, "count it " ONE PCPs. My dear lady cant understand this urge i have to own more than one gun. Anyhoo at the club today, "wood-end Farm" at Huthwaite in Nottinghamshire, another shooter set up next to me on the Zero Range , With a most gorgeous rifle, And we got talking as you do.
    It was a Daystate MK4 sporter i believe, with the new shape stock,in fact Going off the point abit ,says he comes on here regular, so he may read this, What a nice gun, Me want one
    Then his friend came along and they went on the sporting layout at the club, His friend had the new Platinum Daystate, never seen one of those before. I was saying to them that i was thinking of getting a Daystate Airranger as the new electric gizmo rifles were putting me off a bit, But they love em, Its only served to confuse me more at the moment, Daystate still my chosen brand cant say as beautiful as it was the platinum tempts me, out of my range, But i think i will now be looking for a Mark 4 with the new shape stock like he had, as well as the Airsporter and maybe look at the Airwolfe as well. Its got to be second hand as i will be needing the air bottle and such which bumps up the cost of setting up
    getting on to my shooting,
    I Dont think i am a good shot Ok. Crap and whilst i love my Pro-Sport and wont be parting with it i need all the help i can get, Mines in .177, and i find i vary from day to day on my accuracy, Last time i was there, "not today i was rubbish" i was pellet on Pellet at 40 yard and could hit the spinners at 55 yard 8-9 out of 10 shots. But i aint consistent, thats where the PCPs idea came in, i am hoping that whatever i end up in pre-Charged it will help me with my consistancy. I want that in .177 as well. So i will be looking for a new rifle on here, but thats not why i am on here, i want to learn more about Marksmanship with an air-rifle and make some new mates along the way. Enough of a ramble from me for now, Once again hello to all and thanks for allowing me to join this community
    Dave

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    Hi Dave - welcome on board!

A pcp is much more forgiving than a springer/rammer, as they are much less hold sensitive, so are easier to shoot. If you can stick with your Pro-Sport and learn to shoot that consistently, you should be set for most things you will encounter on your shooting career!

All the best

Timmaaah

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum. I don't think you'd get any trouble from electronic Daystates these days, certainly I've never had any problems with mine.

If you can learn to shoot the Pro Sport well and consistently, you may find it more rewarding than the clinical nature of a PCP. That said, I switched to PCPs some years ago and wouldn't go back in a hurry

atb, Glyn

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Morning Dave and welcome to the BBS.

I have had quite a few air rifles with electronics on board over the years.

Namely a Daystate Mk4 and quite a few Airwolfs [ still have an Airwolf now ].

I have never had any trouble with the electronics on these Daystates.

ATB.

Electronic components,

Thankyou for the encouragement and advice, I will persevere with the pro-sport, determined to, But just one PCPs for whenever i fancy the change of feel and style is goin to be happening, I am sure Daystate must have done stacks of research into the protection of components, And i would do my best to protect the rifle as much as possible,
    Just a question Do any of you do much shooting in winter with these types of rifle? I am thinking of the extreme's of temperature that comes from when say, you have been out for hours and the gun is very cold, then it gets bought into the house,?
    When i used to do that with the shotguns i used to strip them, give them a blast of WD40 down the barrels and on the bluing, then leave it all in the open not in the bag and clean the parts later in the evening, But with the electronics whilst they would get cold i dont see an easy way of protecting them, unless they are so tough that they dont need it? a really heavy down pour would put it to the test also. do may with them get them completely and totally wet and have found out through experience how good or vunerable they can be in extreames I am still experimenting with the pro sport regarding hold whilst shooting, certainly seems to play a big factor with accuracy from my experience, Also how many have the 400-cc bottle on the .177 as opposed to the 500? percentage wise. Is, In peoples opinion, the MK 4 more suited to range and range discipline applications than Hunting? Would any say the Air ranger and MK4 are equally as accurate, or capable of being so, or is one more accurate than the other,
    Read one of the threads last night on the apparent poor build quality issues that Weirauch have been having If i had been having any ideas of a Weihrauch then i can safely say they have gone out the window now.
    Thanks again, Dave

hi and welcome