Thread: Posting to France (any RFD's on here?)

Posting to France (any RFD's on here?)

Hi all, can anyone give me an accurate answer on sending me a BP pistol by post. Assuming the sender to have an FAC & the fact that I don't need a licence of any sort to own a BP rifle or pistol. I actually have an FFT shooting licence, but that is not necessary for BP.
    BP pistols & rifles are posted all the time over here, but thinking about it, would the posting in England be legal?
    Perhaps would have to be sent by RFD, but could it be sent direct to me?
    Dave

ivf you need an fac to own it then im pretty sure you need to be an rfd - rfd to send it

The exporter needs to obtain an export licence for the firearm, from the police which is a little expensive, and tends to rule out buying low price guns.

This is to show where the firearm has gone (off the UK system)

HTH

John

Thanks, guess I'll stick to buying over here.
    Walk in
    "Bonjour , you are obviously over 18, what would you like? OK 15 pistols & 10 rifles, 5000 balls & caps.No I'm sorry sir you can only have 2KG of black powder .......
    .....PER DAY!! Come back for another 2KG tomorrow! See you tomorrow"
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 1961nuffield View Post
    The exporter needs to obtain an export licence for the firearm, from the police which is a little expensive, and tends to rule out buying low price guns.

This is to show where the firearm has gone (off the UK system)

HTH

John
    John,
    The export license is free, it all depends on how much the exporter charges for arranging it. I did three last month and they normally take around an hour.
    The most expensive bit would be the carridge, and with low price items it only makes sense to send bulk.