Thread: Greetings Comrades

Greetings Comrades

My name is Kip. Retired U.S. Marine 1983-2005.

Billets included 0331 (M60 Machinegunner), 8531 (Marksmanship Instructor), 2111 (Armorer), 5954 (Comm-Tech), Double Distinguished High Master Shooter/Competitor on the USMC rifle team from 1998-2003 except for 1999 spent on the USMC pistol team.

My childhood 'endless-summers' were spent with a meager German made Winchester springer that slew more fowl, lizards, snakes and hare than I could ever recall, wandering the Dona Ana foothills of southern NM in the 70's. Still have her. She never saw a scope, with her bent brass bore, learned the nature of every imaginable hold... for range, inclination, wind, you name it.

Not a gifted shooter, rather a son gifted with parents who to this day encourage any immersion in the firearms community. My mother teaches self defense for women at NMSU, Eddy Eagle Program, B.O.W. Program, (Becoming an Outdoor Woman), Hunter's Safety Courses, advocates 2nd ammendment principle on southern New Mexico's NPR upon invite, she actively 'woos' politicians to logical legislative action, teaches concealed carry safety courses, among many many other tireless efforts. She and my father are my heros, and the type of parent I once dreamt of becoming... before my late wife and unborn daughter preceded me to heaven.... another story.

I started a business after retiring, manufacturing in a quaint machine shop I started, to keep my mind occupied once widowed.

Recently (July 26, 2010) I broke my back (T-5) and both wrists on an enduro crash in South Dakota's Badland Ntnl. Park/Monument.... going a little stir crazy trying to stay active I gravitated towards all my pellet guns... ALL of them single stroke pneumatics, and piston guns (both gas ram and springers). Guess what? My wrists aren't up to it yet. May be years before the right one is "durable" again. Sooooo

I'm researching PCP technology. NEVER thought I would need one, but I do. Found this sight and joined.

Pleasure to meet y'all.

Kip

hi and welcome

Welcome Kip,

And what an introduction

Glad to here your on the mend after your enduro accident.

That sounded very nasty

You have found a very good place for all things PCP

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and Welcome to the BBS Kip.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Welcome to BBS, good to have you on board!
    "Thrilled to be here"

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Welcome, Kip, and thank you for the encouraging post you sent me.

Were you ever stationed in New Orleans? I used to work (civilian employee) at Naval Support Activity and Naval Air Station, New Orleans, from 1992. Retired in December 2009. As you know, my retirement has taken a different direction from what I'd planned: as your life has also taken a different direction.

When I worked on the base, I always used to say that you could tell the Marines from the Navy as quickly when they were doing PT as when they were in uniform!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

You need to get involved in our Umarex Boys Club internet competitions. We have everything! (except for the need to pay dues or entry fees, or travel!): rifle, pistol, bullseye, Police, novelty shoots, 6 yards, 10 meters, divisions for open and optical sights, PCP / SSP / springer / C02, etc.

Jim
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Hey Mods

Hows about some access to the classifieds?

Ta

A very warm welcome to this fine forum Kip it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Great to have you on board Kip,I'm sure given time you'll overcome your problems.All the very best.

chris79 is offline My only vice is being a Derby County fan
    welcome to the bbs kip

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    Kip.

Welcome.

Ummm, listen, iy's not too late. You can still leave before the site gets a hold of you. Otherwise its like Hotel California: you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave!

Now, step away from the keyboard, mate. Kip? Kip?

Jim, you'd better tell him too....

Got my cast off today...

... and bought an Airforce Talon SS in .20 cal with funds from selling my Crow Magnum. Plan on making this PCP part of my therapy soon. At least I don't have to worry about cocking this one while I recover.

Thanks again for the welcome. That club shoot for boys sounds like a noble endeavor. Will be in touch Jim when I get more able.

Quote Originally Posted by engin View Post
    Kip.

Welcome.

Ummm, listen, iy's not too late. You can still leave before the site gets a hold of you. Otherwise its like Hotel California: you can check out any time you want, but you can never leave!

Now, step away from the keyboard, mate. Kip? Kip?

Jim, you'd better tell him too....
    Engin speaks the truth!

Jim