Thread: Hogan Ripley Elite

Hogan Ripley Elite

I bought the Hogan Ripley Elite last May when they had a deal on whereby they threw in a nikko sterling targetmaster 6-24x56 scope with match mounts. It's a great gun, ruthlessly accurate and super quiet with the decimeater silencer. Consistent 11.5ft/lbs and Hogan Firearms recommended 4.51 air arms/JSBs rather than 4.52 for better accuracy so I thought I would mention it to any other owners as to my dismay Hogan do not answer emails or their telephone anymore. Highland Outdoors are keeping very tight lipped at the moment, ooh er...

hi and welcome

Hi Subatomic, you're right about the Elite preferring the smaller sizes in pellets, at-least mine prefers 4.50 and 4.51 better than anything else. How do you manage to get 11.5 ft.lbs out of it though, almost unheard of?
    Purbeck Field Target Club.

Quote Originally Posted by subatomic View Post
    I bought the Hogan Ripley Elite last May when they had a deal on whereby they threw in a nikko sterling targetmaster 6-24x56 scope with match mounts. It's a great gun, ruthlessly accurate and super quiet with the decimeater silencer. Consistent 11.5ft/lbs and Hogan Firearms recommended 4.51 air arms/JSBs rather than 4.52 for better accuracy so I thought I would mention it to any other owners as to my dismay Hogan do not answer emails or their telephone anymore. Highland Outdoors are keeping very tight lipped at the moment, ooh er...
    Hogan Firearms no longer exist, basically Highland Outdoors bought into operation and have closed it down. The Ripley Elite's that are out there are last ones, unless Highland Outdoors gets someone else to make them, Hatsan in Turkey maybe.

The good news is Jim Hogan has set up again at Redbeck, Crofton, Wakefield and is back repairing, servicing air rifles and basically anything else that shoots.

If you need anything give him a ring .http://www.airrifleshop.co.uk/Airrifles.htm