Thread: 450/577 case trimming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Annealing

If using NDFS cases every 3/4 reloads. If using Bertrams every 4/5.
    Another tip is to file a witness on the rim of your cases in order that you can orientate the case radially in the chamber. i.e. always load a round with the witness mark at the 12 o/c position in the chamber. Why? because the chambers are not always perfectly aligned with the rifle bore!
    Some shooters will observe this orientation when reloading also. I would recommend this if you have the will.
    The currency for Wisdom is Respect. So please do not enter a transaction if you do not have the means to pay

Quote Originally Posted by leadhead View Post
    If using NDFS cases every 3/4 reloads. If using Bertrams every 4/5.
    Another tip is to file a witness on the rim of your cases in order that you can orientate the case radially in the chamber. i.e. always load a round with the witness mark at the 12 o/c position in the chamber. Why? because the chambers are not always perfectly aligned with the rifle bore!
    Some shooters will observe this orientation when reloading also. I would recommend this if you have the will.
    Cheers, I will give it a go. I'm used to reloading .308 at 50p a case and binning them after about 12 pops.