Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RIKA, SCATT, Anyone used these?

Quote Originally Posted by john_almighty View Post
    Hi scatt users, i am returning to pistol shooting again after a wrist injury kept me out for long time. Unfortunately, i will need a lot of work to get back to my earlier level. I am looking to buy a scatt for regular indoor practise.

My question is quite precise, i have about max 6meter of long uninterupted standing area for practise. Can the scatt be used in this small place considering i use a smaller target or is it too close. This is very important for me to know before i buy as i intend to use it 80 percent or total practise.

This is for practising air pistol.

Thanks for your help,
    John
    I've now got a scatt - and use it at about 7 metres. It can be used closer than this. The software (free download from scatt.com) also allows you to print targets that are resized according to the distance you will be from the target - this scales down to 1 metre. Buy in confidence.

McT

Quote Originally Posted by McTrucky View Post
    I've now got a scatt - and use it at about 7 metres. It can be used closer than this. The software (free download from scatt.com) also allows you to print targets that are resized according to the distance you will be from the target - this scales down to 1 metre. Buy in confidence.

McT
    Thanks McT, your reply was very helpful and answers my query. Just another quick one, would you recommend the wireless sensor version over the wires one. Or the difference negligible. I am inclined to go for the wireless version as i think dangling wires on a pistol would be a botheration. What are yourthoughts please.

I've never tried the wireless one.

The cabled one is fine - but I would be tempted to go wireless if it was an inexpensive option. I don't know what the costs are, but I'd pay another £100 to go wireless simply to make quick set up and take down even easier. But maybe I'm excessively lazy...

McT