Thread: TB90 walnut stock value

TB90 walnut stock value

Just wondering what a TB90 walnut stock in good but used condition is worth ?

It's the Theoben version of the HW90, http://www.theoben.co.uk/files/ba_hw90.pdf

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Are these right hand or left hand ?

I reckon you're looking at £50ish as they are quite rare, could be more if someones desparate.

It's ambi

Out of interest are the workings of a TB the same as the standard 90K?
    Could you just drop in the standard 90K into this stock?
    Is the TB stock as mentioned only suitable for a right-hander? I'm a lefty and my standard 90K is fine for me even though really its for a right-hander.
    Does it have a comb on it thus making it not suitable for a lefty?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by john paul View Post
    Out of interest are the workings of a TB the same as the standard 90K?
    Could you just drop in the standard 90K into this stock?
    Is the TB stock as mentioned only suitable for a right-hander? I'm a lefty and my standard 90K is fine for me even though really its for a right-hander.
    Does it have a comb on it thus making it not suitable for a lefty?

Thanks.
    no the "workings" on the hw90 and the TB arent the same John

Andy
    AMT Lightning Winchester 250
    Berretta Silver Pigeon II ... Nikko Daiwa 12g
    AA TX200 .177 Prosport .22 HW 90 .22 Venom .22

Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Andy View Post
    no the "workings" on the hw90 and the TB arent the same John

Andy
    Hi Andy, What is the difference ?
    I see it has the Elite trigger, Carbine barrel & Silencer ,Ala , HW90K , And in the Blurb says an upgrade to a standard HW90 ,

I am sure others would like to know, Like myself ,
    All the best, Ged.

Tb90

Hi

The TB had a Gas Ram, and an upgraded trigger (I think)

Jim

I think you missed the point. the HW 90 has a (Theoben?) gas ram in it as standard. The question is: What is the difference between the HW90 and the Theoben version of the same gun?
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Just dug out an old Theoben info. leaflet from the time these were being made.
    The stock looks like a walnut Ambi by Custom Stock of Sheffield (near me)
    The description states;
    "Theoben decided to make a stylish improvement to the standard HW90. Walnut gives beauty yet weighs less than a beech stock, as fitted to the standard version of this rifle. We have re-styled the wood around the trigger safety and slimmed down the forend to make an elegant improvement".

It could be there is a slight differance in the area around the trigger. Custom Stock did a slight alteration to an early Rapid 7 Field target stock for me recently, and talking to them, there does appear to be stock differences in the various mks. of air rifles over the years. Only subtle but there all the same.
    May be a call to Custom Stock might settle the issue ? Unless someone out there has an HW90 with both stocks ?

"B'rider"
    Last edited by Blackrider; 27-11-2010 at 06:13 PM.

I've had a couple of tb90's, absolutely adored the first one i had - it had a beautiful grain to the stock.
    I'm not sure about the interchangeability of the stocks to be honest, the only difficulty that might be encountered would be around the trigger guard..i'm sure there's a difference but cant remember exactly what it was
    The hw90tb had a gas ram, but not the H.E system, which meant that it was a bit heavier to cock compared to true Theobens.
    Imho, these were much nicer than the standard hw90
    Stock value at £50ish, but would be worth double checking that it is a straight drop in for the standard 90 incase anyone was thinking of doing this..

Quote Originally Posted by nanna View Post
    I've had a couple of tb90's, absolutely adored the first one i had - it had a beautiful grain to the stock.
    I'm not sure about the interchangeability of the stocks to be honest, the only difficulty that might be encountered would be around the trigger guard..i'm sure there's a difference but cant remember exactly what it was
    The hw90tb had a gas ram, but not the H.E system, which meant that it was a bit heavier to cock compared to true Theobens.
    Imho, these were much nicer than the standard hw90
    Stock value at £50ish, but would be worth double checking that it is a straight drop in for the standard 90 incase anyone was thinking of doing this..
    Hi, It would appear No one Knows !
    I have a standard HW90 ( Hence my question ) It takes 17 Bar of pressure to make 12 Fpe, IE The HE system !

Does anyone know ( Speculation NOT Invited ) Ged.
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 27-11-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Pic added

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Just dug out an old Theoben info. leaflet from the time these were being made.
    The stock looks like a walnut Ambi by Custom Stock of Sheffield (near me)
    The description states;
    "Theoben decided to make a stylish improvement to the standard HW90. Walnut gives beauty yet weighs less than a beech stock, as fitted to the standard version of this rifle. We have re-styled the wood around the trigger safety and slimmed down the forend to make an elegant improvement".

It could be there is a slight differance in the area around the trigger. Custom Stock did a slight alteration to an early Rapid 7 Field target stock for me recently, and talking to them, there does appear to be stock differences in the various mks. of air rifles over the years. Only subtle but there all the same.
    May be a call to Custom Stock might settle the issue ? Unless someone out there has an HW90 with both stocks ?

"B'rider"
    And to add, it says nothing about the "HE System".

"B'rider"

DM80 Guest
    the only differnce i can remember was the TB's stock which was inter changeable with a standard HW90 and the TB had a cut down barrel with a long series silencer on it the power plant was factory HW90 which is better than the theobens HE system in my opinion.

Dave.

I'd be spectacularly surprised if the TB90 was any different mechanically to the standard 90, at least in any significant manner that would preclude total interchangeability of stocks.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS