Thread: Help with airsporter mk4 not cocking...

Help with airsporter mk4 not cocking...

Any one help me with this gun i striped it down to put new piston in it before that it was working perfectly but i had hell of a job getting the piston and sleve out when i did the sleeve where the head is was spliting where the gap was so i had it welded put all back together now when i try to cock it jumps of the latch if you will the triger looks ok but cant realy tell it has a new ox in it just wonder if its to much for the triger as when you look at the triger there aint much to hold on to any ideas any common probs with these gun

Hi Bernard

Try it with the original spring again.

Ox springs probably are too powerful for the mechanism as you say.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I know that Ox springs are not much favoured by most people on this BBS

Hope all's well with you
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Mk4 airsporter not cocking

try it this way. Strip the gun and dont use the Ox spring. I will assume that the piston is moving freely enough to let you you use a screwdriver or similar to pull or push it? With the trigger block on, slide the piston back and see if it engages fully and adjust the trigger if neccesary.You can try to move the piston forward with your screwdriver etc and the trigger should hold.If it doesn,t then look for wear in the trigger or the trigger spring. Then put the slider and cocking arm on and see if the piston engages then. If it doesn,t then the slot in the piston will have elongated a touch and will need building up with weld. Assuming that all is still ok, try the gun with your old spring. If it is still ok than but a new mainspring for it. Sometimes with the older stuff, they will not cock once the guns have been stripped and lubed because they are that worn. A new spring makes it worse. had this problem with small Diana,s etc , prewar underlevers and a Webley service mk2.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Guy (ggggr) has probably got more guns working than all the rest of us put together. If you follow his advice you won't go far wrong.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.