Thread: Wanzel M1854/1866 infantry rifle 13.9mm X 33mm Rimfire

Wanzel M1854/1866 infantry rifle 13.9mm X 33mm Rimfire

I am looking for some parts for this rifle which is not a very common rifle.
    I would appreciate any help or assistance you could give me in locating them.
    1) a breech loading gate locking bolt (which is operated by the lock mechanism when you pull the trigger) you hope it works everytime as you have no way of knowing that it is locked
    2) a firing pin and spring.
    I have a drawing of each of the parts and photographs of the rifle.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/fronter...7625527929396/

Hi Jeff
    Next to impossible to get bits for these old BP breechloaders but I have had results in the past from flea bay .com (not flea bay .co.uk)
    Also had several parts for the oldies in my collection off Gunbroker.com
    Cheers
    Lee

have you tried henry kranks or peter dyson in huddersfield

Hi. Lee & Loiner1965
    It looks very much like the cobwebs are going to have to come off the milling machine and lath to get these parts made, it's a bit too cold in the workshop at present.
    I have a 12mm finished square bit of tool steel somewhere in the workshop that should be ok for the job.
    I had a look at what Peter Dyson had and he might just have a spring that will act as a firing pin spring.
    Many thanks to both of you

I have a Wanzl in similar condition, it is missing the bolt and the operating mechanism. I think it was an attempt to deactivate the gun before the ammunition became obsolete. If you are comtemplating making some parts I would appreciate it if you could double up. I also need a hammer, I do not think this may be such a problem as it is still of 'Lorenz' pattern can anyone our there help?

Regards

Ormicron