Thread: Uberti Highwall

Uberti Highwall

Anyone shooting black powder cartridges in a Uberti highwall.?? Tim

I am in 45-70.
    Tony

Hi Tony, what sort of accuracy are you getting.? I really fancy the 38/55 carbine but havnt found one at sensible money yet. However there seems to be one or two 45/70 ones around so wondering about having the bigger calibre instead. Already have a Pedersoli rolling block in 45/70 which shoots well with postel hds with 52grns of TS2 so at least i wouldnt needo to buy new cases etc. Tim

My dad has a Uberti Highwall in 45/70 and uses the same ammo as his Pedersoli Sharps 1874.I would say the Highwall shoots better with less effort.It still holds the 9/10 ring at 100 yards without using a blow tube or cleaning between shots for at least 10 rounds.It could do with a lighter bullet though as the rifle is a bit lighter than the sharps and we use a 540gn bullet over 65gn of swiss 4 for the longer distances.

Thanks for the imfo. A mate who i shoot black powder with some saturdays has got a new 45 mold with a hollow base. Made by Lee and comes out at about 405 grs. My Pedersoli loves em with 55 grns of swiss. I normally use a 535grn postell head but think i will get myself one of these 405 grn ones. Tim