Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any guns you dont like?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Any guns you dont like?

Maybe it,s me but I dont like Gamo,s. I have done 5 paratroopers now (behave!) and swear that seen 4 different variants of them. done a couple of mk6 meteors, which I think are a good value for a 2nd hand gun but I dont like them. I have also done an ASI Magnum and a CF 20. The only reason I had the CF 20 for a bit was I quite liked the pop up breech and the feel of the gun with all the spacers I put in to get the tension on the spring. I just find them lacking in character really. Anybody else feel this about certain guns? I forgot to mention that I am not very keen on pump ups or Co2 either. had a 1377 and a 766, The 1377 I sold because I would have had to wait about 3 months to get the exhaust valve and the 766 I gave away. I dont like pumping (tennis elbow) and the lack of any recoil although I appreciate they can be a good tool. The build quality is crap (SELF TAPPING SCREWS!). I also did a Daisy 717 which I gave to my postie and a 922 that I gave to my Nephew. I do have a 1300 pistol paced away. After messing with some broken C02 Crosmans I decided they were not my thing although one for plinking may be on the cards in future. Never tried a pcp but it seems a lot of trouble to go to if you only want to kill tin cans and bottle caps. a sad man.
    Last edited by ggggr; 14-12-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: updating
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

you had to ask that question,you know im still having counsiling,ive worked on a wide and various selection of a/g s but for some reason the paratrooper nearly bought me to my knees ,the trigger block how many types? that nasty little hair spring that catchs on a lump on the inside of the pressing or is it the sear worn,is the replacment main spring to powerful for the old sear mech,aaaaah i hate them .
    apologys to those who have fond mems of these fun little plinkers ;was it just me ,i doubt it.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Relum.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

HW-35. I'm left handed and the latch release is not enjoyable. I have to twist my wrist and it just doesn't feel comfortable.

I do have loads of HW-55's and that latch (further back) is easy to release.

And yes, I'm not a fan of Gamos, Turkey, or the Chinese stuff.

Not like Gamos? Philestine....the only airguns that I dont like shooting are PCPs....virtually anything with a spring will do except Red Bobs frankentstien of a creation.

Guns you don't like

Well Gents I have to say, Phillistine I may be but I am not fond of Relums, too much extra heavy wood and weld, and some of the Chinese stuff either, far too much weld and varnish, if thats what they call it.

Other than that anything goes really.
    The armourer, with no where near as many guns as I used to have.

I was only referring to any odd person who couldnt like a gamo....

not keen on any form of side lever mechanism gun
    Big cats are out there !!!!!!!!!!!

Hate

The "pop outs" which pretend to be air pistols instead of spring loaded catapults.

Jim D
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

Worst pistol I ever had was as a Gamo P800 - plastic horrible noisy thing, had it all of 3 weeks before getting rid of earlier in the year.

Put me right off Gamo, although I wouldnt mind trying a Gamo Compact as they seem to be quite good

Dislikes

Easy one this: Gamo (glitzy whizz-bang stuff with plastic pellets), Norinco (Nasty), most CO2 (American Brown pistols excepted), Beeman (his badge engineering labels confuse the hell out of me), ASI, Relum, Airsoft, BB's, Tinplate, most Pistols (too puny), anything pump-up, Daisy (mostly toys) and basically anything not heavyweight, or with functional plastic parts (like triggers and sights), too many safety features. I'm not familiar with the Chinese products. Good question.

OOps...Gamo are getting a kicking here...probably rightly I cant defend the poor pistol quality.

I hate EVERYTHING - so I hide them all in my gun cabinet

Seriously though once we are on the Gamo theme - I have never, ever had the slightest interest in any Gamo except the Compact but even then not enough to contemplate (they have a poor trigger, or so I'm told what's the point of a match-a-like pistol with a poor trigger?)

I also tend to hate anything that even has a Gamo trigger, my my, that little stub of a lever even LOOKS terrible and barely reachable right up there in the plasticwork.

Fibre optic sights - thanks but no thanks. A step backwards for HW pistols of late, again won't consider any with those sights.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

anything with millitary styling - no need!!!!!!!! unless you like pretending you are Rambo

once again...ouch