Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Any guns you dont like?

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I thought that the mental image of Eckland meets Welch in a lesbian liason was the cause of your "explosion" for a moment there Rick!

Andy
    That would explain my strange sentance composition, wouldn't it?

Oooo, Ms Welch... I'm surprised I can remember back that far!

One`s that get handed into Police armistice`s and go into the smelter when the owners should be told that they are legal(-12ftp etc) and worth money.
    History gone forever.

I don't like Webley air pistols very much and I am not sure why I spend so much of my time enjoying them!

I do like the GAMO Centre under lever air pistols and the Target version of them but nothing else GAMO has ever made (including the nasty plastic Compact) appeals to me at all.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by hookerball View Post
    One`s that get handed into Police armistice`s and go into the smelter when the owners should be told that they are legal(-12ftp etc) and worth money.
    History gone forever.
    I remember seeing a Webley service action (no doubt the rest was their somewhere), and at least 3 prewar BSA types in a local paper photograph of stuff handed in when I lived in the Aldershot area in the 90's

Have a look at the back of this photo for more from another in Manchester.

ATB, ED

Angry

Please don`t it`s sacrilege

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I don't like Webley air pistols very much and I am not sure why I spend so much of my time enjoying them!

I do like the GAMO Centre under lever air pistols and the Target version of them but nothing else GAMO has ever made (including the nasty plastic Compact) appeals to me at all.
    I note that those nasty plastic Compacts are doing rather well in the 6yd mpl comp how strange!!, for me its No3 on my pistol list, 6M is first, then the Alfa Proj Classic, although the the Compact is the one I shoot most, gives me great scores, and is my fall-back pistol if things aren't going well with this pistol I get things together again, ...mike...
    PS if you want a daggie pistol pick a wobbly.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Bit of a bump for an old thread. I did get another Gem and I still don't like them.
    Of course, I have to add all the crap die cast pistols Ro71 and 72 etc. Also the pop outs (although one day I may give in and buy a chrome gat),the Diana G2,G4 (although I appreciate it for ease of cocking), the G10, Webley Stinger, the MIGHTY RELUM ARTEX.

There are some guns that are "ok" but something is lacking. I tried the USSR version of the Baikal 53 the other day. It is quite accurate but something is lacking with it. Maybe it is the barrel being very small in diameter or the lack of "Thunk"? It could be with it being .177. I just don't seem to like .177 pistols very much. I was thinking about some of the stuff I am not keen on pistol wise and some of them are accurate guns (Gamo Falcon/Daisy 717/Crosman 1377/1322) but just not much fun to use. The plastic gripped Original 5 is heavy but not much fun.

Go on name and shame yours.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Cool Spot on....

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Add Webley (over barrel) pistols to that long list.
    You are right.The Webley cocking method was not a great idea even though it enabled a pistol to be very compact.. More substantial barrels would have helped.All my .22 ones ended up banana shaped.The Winstar 550 was a more substantial effort.

Guns for youngsters with heavy horrible triggers. Again and again they are made to price. Grownups won't tolerate horrid triggers so why do starter guns have them. Makes my blood boil.
    So many of us learnt to shoot despite this handicap.

I have no worries for "black gun" air rifles. The Jackal was great, though rubbish. Once no one had a problem with military rifle looks. If we had followed what the military used then we wouldn't be in half the trouble we are now. It would be "normal" rather than the the phobia about them now. Pandering to the anti gun lobby that has enjoyed their freedoms under the umbrella of the gun; we have the bigest gun so we are secure... just happens to be nuclear now (plus we do have a strong highly trained and effective military even if it is tiny). The "I don't like black guns" would be the mentality that would have us still using long bows!
    Last edited by Muskett; 19-08-2015 at 09:39 PM.

xbow is offline "Right a bit, left a bit............"
    Anything with a bottle on it, they look ridiculous. What do they call them, Rabid or something else silly ...
    We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
    Rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer.

If I don’t reply to your comments it’s probably because you’re on my Ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by xbow View Post
    Anything with a bottle on it, they look ridiculous. What do they call them, Rabid or something else silly ...
    Aye, Rabid 7s I think they are.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Cometa Indian - The worst trigger on any gun I've ever owned...and I've owned cheap Chinese and Russian guns

HW45 - Owned 2, and every time thought why did I buy this?...too big, too high in the hand and the .177 dieselled like bastard even when running almost dry - most over-rated pistol in history IMHO, purely for people with really small dicks

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Cometa Indian - The worst trigger on any gun I've ever owned...and I've owned cheap Chinese and Russian guns

HW45 - Owned 2, and every time thought why did I buy this?...too big, too high in the hand and the .177 dieselled like bastard even when running almost dry - most over-rated pistol in history IMHO, purely for people with really small dicks
    I've got a Cometa Indian and the trigger's not that bad. I've shot worse, for sure. I like the Indian just because it's so unusual. I'm very much in agreement with your comments about the HW45 though (maybe not the small dicks bit), I too am at a loss how it has got so popular. Technically good though it is, I could never really like an air pistol that ugly and out of proportion. I've owned two and seen a lot at the club and they've usually been doing about 4.5 ft/lbs, not the "almost six" that many owners like to claim.

Crosman 2200, plastic and muck-metal and having to pump the piece of junk near on a dozen times for a full power shot! Yuk, yuk, yuk!

I'm also struggling to like the Diana 27 I've just stripped and lubricated. It shoots nice and smoothly now without smoking, is light weight, but something is stopping me bonding with it.

hw97
    gamo cfr (loading)
    diana 350 (kick like a mule)
    ATB,
    yana