Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fwb 127

Talking fwb 127

picked up an absolute beauty tonite one of 6 with a walnut right handed stock,sold by manchester airguns,over twenty years ago,graham remembers these they had a nice palm swell and all 6 had v.nice grain,i dare say its as near to mint as any ive ever had and ive had a good few of these absolute mint bluing and stock 99% and perfect working order even the safety catch works properly,i paid 250 quid for it is that a bargain or have i been spanked,cheers guys
    atb
    dave

Quote Originally Posted by davegee59 View Post
    picked up an absolute beauty tonite one of 6 with a walnut right handed stock,sold by manchester airguns,over twenty years ago,graham remembers these they had a nice palm swell and all 6 had v.nice grain,i dare say its as near to mint as any ive ever had and ive had a good few of these absolute mint bluing and stock 99% and perfect working order even the safety catch works properly,i paid 250 quid for it is that a bargain or have i been spanked,cheers guys
    atb
    dave
    You got a good price I think. Are there any left from the source you mentioned? Always wanted one of these :-)

-Casey
    Good deals: davida6212 jimmer u.k.neil

Quote Originally Posted by davegee59 View Post
    atb
    dave

Definitelly not been spanked Dave. Good find. Look after it and keep it original. You now have a real classic -IMHO the best springer ever made, and with the walnut stock,WOW!
    I can't get enough of them, have around 18 at the moment, but always room for more if you ever decide to sell.

ATB,
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Does it look like THIS (serial no. 19998) which has connections with Manchester Air Guns.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Walnut stocked FWB 127

A good friend of mine (sadly now dead) had one of the special MAG walnut stocked FWB rifles. He used to work at MAG on Saturdays, so was in a good position to try and buy some great guns. For a reason I could never understand, he traded it in. From memory, it wasn't like the IJ picture, but more like the normal version, with a fairly light coloured walnut stock.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Does it look like THIS (serial no. 19998) which has connections with Manchester Air Guns.

ATB
    Ian

Ian, I do wish you would stop bragging!
    Have a good Xmas mate!

ATB,
    Eric
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Back in the day, I bought a brand new walnut stocked FWB Sport from MAG but it had none of the finesse of the model pictured. It was identical to the standard stock but, well, walnutty. There was no chequering on the fore-end and I was pretty disappointed with it at the time. In fact, I gave it to a friend of mine who still has it, although sadly now with a bent barrel.
    Essex Air Ambulance saved my life on 20/08/2010 www.essexairambulance.uk.com

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Ian, I do wish you would stop bragging!
    Have a good Xmas mate!

ATB,
    Eric
    I shall remember that very comment when this rifle goes up for sale in January.
    As if!

Merry Christmas to you too.

ATB
    Ian

I shall remember that very comment when this rifle goes up for sale in January.
    As if!

Merry Christmas to you too.

ATB
    Ian

I'm very sorry to hear that Ian, I didn't know you were so ill!
    I remember you saying that you would be in a pine box before that one got sold.
    Leave a note to invite me to your wake - I'll be available in January.

ATB.
    Eric

The vultures are circling!

I cough and several collectors re-arrange their gun cabinets.

Good health is just the slowest way to die.

Merry Christmas to you all.

ATB
    Ian (fit & well)
    Last edited by I. J.; 22-12-2010 at 10:38 PM.

The vultures are circling!

I cough and several collectors re-arrange their gun cabinets.

Good health is just the slowest way to die.

Merry Christmas to you all.

ATB
    Ian (fit & well)

I am very glad to hear that you are fit and well Ian. Forums like this one need 'oracles' like you who have amassed large collections and knowledge of the vintage pieces.
    Long may you contribute.

ATVB,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    I am very glad to hear that you are fit and well Ian. Forums like this one need 'oracles' like you who have amassed large collections and knowledge of the vintage pieces.
    Long may you contribute.

ATVB,
    Eric
    its not like that one ij its one of 50 that manchester airguns had done for them,i was in the shop today alan told me how many were sold,its a standardish type walnut sporter,with a palm swell instead of the usual flat pistol grip
    atb
    dave

Sounds like an excellent find to me. Wish I had a walnut flavoured one as well. I am currently planning a raid on Ians gun vaults (somewhere under Blackburn,)as I cant see Mr Jones letting any of his prized beauties go within the next 200 years.

This is due to Ian being an Elf, whose longevity has been well portrayed within the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy in which he starred as one of the grumpy elf like figures manning the walls of of a New Zealand film set.

Happy Christmas to you all, even the elves.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post

This is due to Ian being an Elf, whose longevity has been well portrayed within the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy in which he starred as one of the grumpy elf like figures manning the walls of of a New Zealand film set.

Andy

What a novel way of saying 'No! Im not interested in a left hand 'Sport!'.

Merry Christmas.

Ian

Id say you got a bargain bud