Thread: JSR tARGET PLUS 4-16X44 MILL DOT AO from js ramsbottom

JSR tARGET PLUS 4-16X44 MILL DOT AO from js ramsbottom

hi, all l dont really come on here to post much, but l take a fair bit of info from here, so thought l would do a post. after killiing my bushnell sportsman, and couldnt wait for a return , l brought the above scope of , after searching this site for some info. firstly the ramsbottom service was dam qiuck lightening infact!!!. after opening the box l was impressed for the price . felt and looked like there should have been another 100quid on it. mounting on my air rifle , the optics are very clear , focus and range nice and tight , elavultion and windage turrets , very nice firm clicks , to be honest sighted in with seconds. focus and lens are very crisp. l am very happy , and l think l will send the bushnell off which cost me 160 and sell it once it comes back , IF all goes ok in the field, time shall tell. this scope only cost me 50 plus p.p. how do they do it ????? atb phil

little update!!!

actually my bushnell is ok, which is a result right l orginally order a 6-24x44, after sorting it out with edward, l decided to keep this one , and with a 10 pound refund , so we both were happy, as stated js ramsbottom service second to none in my opinon!! set the scope up at a range of 40yds, started spot on. took a little walk for some rabbits, the scope behaved as l expected , at short and long distnce, range setings spot on , lens has slight polariod effect given a clear pic. l tryed adjusting the zoom and range to make sure this didnt throw it out , and all was good . the milldot are easily focused without fading and are very useable . and decided for now l shall keep this scope on my HW80, ....... the bushnell scope has been very reliable with 4 yrs service , l think maybe even being a 40mm its light gathering ablitys are better but l must do some more tests, forgot to say the turrets on the jsr are made with a firm click and have the added advantage are being able to lock down. sorry for my spelling and tech description. just wanted to give a good allround thread on this scope , and yes l would buy another if neededand deal with edward. atb phil

dont know if anyones bothering to take this in or not but , here goes. this scope behaving very nice , the first mill dot scope l have owned , having fun using chairgun to work out my ranges , been out tonite 3 rabbits down , were l put the pellet, still good value scope no fuss and does the job........ thats me done on the review , atb phil

Nice review Phil,

JSR do have some excellent VFM optics.

Had a few before in the past and never had one bad un or any issues.

I believe that there are also many different versions of the same scope all be it with different names Eg JSR/Leapers/AGS/Blank etc

I've certainly had a 3-9x40 JSR which was nigh on 100% the same as an AGS and Leapers branded scope.

I do quite like the 30mm Swat range they sell, the compact one is really clear and a perfect hunting scope on a light weight rig

I have the same scope and was very pleased with it for the money
    The only thing i still need to do is work the mil-dots range as most of the jsr scopes are 6 mil-dot

Hi there, is this a good scope for a newbie? I am looking for a leftie S410 and wondered what scope to get?

Hi, I have the 6-24X44 version and so far very impressed for the price.

It would be a good scope for a newbie as it's cheap yet good quality and seems tough.

Good value, but they are very long, and may cause problems on springers. they White out a bit.

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.