Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MTC Viper Connect 3-12X32

i am trying to work out which mounts to use with a connect scope, can anyone tell me what the outer diameter of the objective housing is please?
    AA S410 TDR .22 - MTC MAMBA LITE 4-16x44
    AA S400 CLASSIC .177 - MTC VIPER 4-16x50 AKA adam_castell on the AAOC
    Combro USB Cables - CLICK HERE

Hi Adam

Call sammie, she will get the info for you, but IMHO it's a little suck it and see because it depends on how far you have the scope back, and also the shape of your stock. You may find you're able to mount it very low to the barrel but your cheek won't fit onto your stock that low

well i am 99.9% sure the objective will be right over my mag, so just need the measurement to be 100% safe, before taking up MTC's time i will give it a little while as someone here may know the answer .

Quote Originally Posted by adam84 View Post
    well i am 99.9% sure the objective will be right over my mag, so just need the measurement to be 100% safe, before taking up MTC's time i will give it a little while as someone here may know the answer .

The dopey old bat won't mind. Apart from setting fire to food she hasn't much to do

lol

I used low's to start with fitting it to my hw100 but like Gary said i couldn't get my head low enough. one of if not the biggest factor in fitting the connect is your neck. so it is a case of trial and error.
    Cheers Lloyd

well it is not trial and error for me as i would like to mount it the same height as my current scope, it is the perfect height for my stock, shooting position and figure, so if i can use my current mounts then great, but if not, i would like to order some new mounts at the same time as the scope, and those new mounts need to be as low as possible to avoid raising the scope further from my ideal position.

OD of the Obj is 44mm

Quote Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
    OD of the Obj is 44mm
    thank you

quick measurement and a few calculations suggest that my sportsmatch medium mounts are not tall enough, roughly 12mm clearance required for the mag (from the rail grove upwards), and with the connect scope they will only offer approx. 8mm clearance, so i need mounts 4mm taller, which is not to bad at all.

Thumbs up

Have got my new Viper on my Mk4 and after a bit of experimenting, I now have have it set perfectly for me. I originally used the two mounts at the front set up, but I found I needed the scope further forward and the mounts were running out of rail. So I bit the bullet and sawed one of the mounts (just the ring - not the rail clamp) in half and mounted it with one normal mount at the front and the sawn in half one between the turret and the IR saddles. Seems to work prefectly.

Took it over the club today and gave it an extended session. Picked up another rifle with a standard spec scope on afterwards and it just seemed all wrong - bulky ret (it wasn't previously though...), very limited fov, fussy eye relief, relatively poor resolution and dim picture - and this all from a scope that previously was one of my reasonably priced favourites

The Connect is now my favourite. And to top it all, just before I left the wind dropped. On 8x mag using the 2nd mildot equivalent on the ret as an aimpoint, it put three pellets totally on top of each other at 55 yards! Very, very impressed.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Have got my new Viper on my Mk4 and after a bit of experimenting, I now have have it set perfectly for me. I originally used the two mounts at the front set up, but I found I needed the scope further forward and the mounts were running out of rail. So I bit the bullet and sawed one of the mounts (just the ring - not the rail clamp) in half and mounted it with one normal mount at the front and the sawn in half one between the turret and the IR saddles. Seems to work prefectly.

Took it over the club today and gave it an extended session. Picked up another rifle with a standard spec scope on afterwards and it just seemed all wrong - bulky ret (it wasn't previously though...), very limited fov, fussy eye relief, relatively poor resolution and dim picture - and this all from a scope that previously was one of my reasonably priced favourites

The Connect is now my favourite. And to top it all, just before I left the wind dropped. On 8x mag using the 2nd mildot equivalent on the ret as an aimpoint, it put three pellets totally on top of each other at 55 yards! Very, very impressed.
    It can be a bit like looking down a bog roll...know what you mean about the ret too...If carlsberg made rets
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Hi Pod

Any chance of a photo of your installation please?

As a general question, does the Connect come with either the AMD or SCB reticles yet or is it AMD only?

ATB

Ken

Ive got one of each type ret.
    Fire control,I-Band 4' parabolic dish with tri-port feed------

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoto View Post
    Hi Pod

Any chance of a photo of your installation please?

As a general question, does the Connect come with either the AMD or SCB reticles yet or is it AMD only?

ATB

Ken
    Hi Ken,

Here is a couple of poor quality pics:

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/276...perconnect.jpg

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6...permounts2.jpg