Thread: Hi all, new from Northumberland. Seeking advice

Hi all, new from Northumberland. Seeking advice

Hi everyone, Peter from Northumberland. Quite new to the hunting scene. Looking to obtain my first permission, any advice or tips? Thank you.

If you haven't already got it, join BASC, the CA or similar to get insurance - best not to shoot without it. Get to know local farmers if possible, and if possible speak to the regional managers of your organisation - they'll be overloaded with requests, but worth a 'shot'. Good luck.

PS welcome

Permission.

Hi,
    As you will find out, it is not very easy to obtain permission. I have seen this question asked many times before and the answers are all about the same.

I became a beater on a local shoot and after a couple of years I obtained permission to shoot rats on one farm. I was then asked to shoot rats on the farmers Dads farm on the other side of the road. This I did and was then given permission to shoot all quarry on Dads farm. The farmer next door saw me talking to Dad farmer and after a short conversation I was given permission to shoot there as well.

I now have three farms to shoot on and I have a shotgun and a firearm certificate. It has taken me many years to get all this land but as they say, patience is a virtue.

I am a member of the BASC. It is good to tell the farmers that you are covered by insurance.

Hope this helps,
    DB.

hhi and welcome

Thanks very much for your help. Is BASA, BASC or country life the better insurance to take out?