Thread: lets go back to 1986 for a min....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    V.A.G was owned by John Galloway who dealt not only in airguns but also vintage firearms, he indeed did have some very nice airguns at not so nice prices, bought quite a few from him in the day, and sold a few back to him for a lot less when i needed the money

I heard a story that he packed it all in when he met up with a customer in a City of London car park to sell some guns, only to end up spreadeagled in a puddle when the armed reponse policed turned up.

Happy days
    Here is an example of one of VAG adverts from October 83:

From what I hear, he had a lot of quality, interesting gear, even a shop you could walk around and look at dozens of interesting airguns, for example he had 12 GC2s on a shelf at one point before he closed down.

Would be interesting and advert from 80's early 90s as that's the era I am interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Here is an example of one of VAG adverts from October 83:

From what I hear, he had a lot of quality, interesting gear, even a shop you could walk around and look at dozens of interesting airguns, for example he had 12 GC2s on a shelf at one point before he closed down.

Would be interesting and advert from 80's early 90s as that's the era I am interested in.
    Yes he had a building stacked with lots of quality gear on a farm site,which I visited on several occasions, in todays world the prices look like bargins but at the time they were high, but as said all top notch and available if you were willing to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Yes he had a building stacked with lots of quality gear on a farm site,which I visited on several occasions, in todays world the prices look like bargins but at the time they were high, but as said all top notch and available if you were willing to pay.

that brings back many happy memories of dreaming over what I would get (NOT the Wobblys ) and slavering.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk