Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets go back to 1986 for a min....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    An over Vacuumed cottage in NEWPORT Isle of Wight

lets go back to 1986 for a min....

now then... did you ever go to a field target shoot and shoot plastic pigeon deeks perched on coconut shy holders?

i remember a shoot at basingstoke where we did.

great fun ..

a young lad called mickey andrews blitzed em with a .22 innova chucking barracudas at em

as the day went on it got harder to knock em off due to all the holes and they were filled with pellets

good ol days.

was it a southern thing?

Yes, I remember going to a shoot that had those " Targets " can not remember the club it was next to a pub between Winchester and Southampton could be the same one.
    My boy decided to go late the night before and ended up winning that comp and two other Jnr ones that day with a borrowed .22 Shamal and my HW77.
    PURBECK FTC (formally South Dorset FTC) SWEFTA League Champions 2011
    HW100k, Daystate Tsar, BSA Stalker

ive had to go look at my little wooden trophy i won that day to check.

1984 my god dont time fly

my memory aint what it was but im sure the first pcp's raised there heads

im sure some fella had a khamsin stocked daystate...or thats what i remember..

i was knocking targets over with a hw35 pecar and gunpell clones (superdomes) combo

Hi
    Yes i was there at basingstoke and remember that, i sill have the badge they gave away that day saying I HAVE SHOT WITH THE BASINGSTOKE BODS, it was in a sports center, they also had a table that shooters bought there guns to sell, even terry doe was there dave welham, terry wheeler, ian law, dave whiscombe, great days.
    JJJJJJ

another one i liked around that time was a venue called little green school.

great memories.

i was a member of arc agc at the time.

rob verria and his nipper vince. i forgot his wives name.

and the i forget there exact names... lazorenco or something??? husband and wife .. both had venoms.. big blonde bird shot ok.

dont spect many will remember.

Yep they used to go to most of the shoots at the time, i remember at west malling i was in a shoot off against him for first place he had a venom hw77 all engraved and a scope costing £300, i beat him with a rellum break barrel with a cheap 4x32 scope that i had bought a week before for £7.00 he was not very happy.
    JJJJJJ
    P.S. Just rememberd his wifes name it was Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Hi
    Yes i was there at basingstoke and remember that, i sill have the badge they gave away that day saying I HAVE SHOT WITH THE BASINGSTOKE BODS, it was in a sports center, they also had a table that shooters bought there guns to sell, even terry doe was there dave welham, terry wheeler, ian law, dave whiscombe, great days.
    JJJJJJ
    Great days, those. Still got some trophies from those shoots somewhere.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    Great days, those. Still got some trophies from those shoots somewhere.
    Yep me to, There was one time at Basingstoke they had put copper pipe on the barrels of a couple of air rifles and was firing paint balls at a target the size of a door, I remember one of the rifles was a bsa meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Brass View Post
    now then... did you ever go to a field target shoot and shoot plastic pigeon deeks perched on coconut shy holders?

i remember a shoot at basingstoke where we did.

great fun ..

a young lad called mickey andrews blitzed em with a .22 innova chucking barracudas at em

as the day went on it got harder to knock em off due to all the holes and they were filled with pellets

good ol days.

was it a southern thing?
    I'm guessing that many of the Boinger Bash attendees will have fond memories of New Paul's similar "bird on a pole" at Quigley Hollow a few years ago. Poor old thing was absolutely riddled!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

My 'Claim To Fame' in the 80s was the invention of Airgun Snooker which soon became a very popular (addictive) side event at many national and club level competitions. In the following years several companies produced snooker sets using springers. I originally used different coloured K D targets set at different ranges. Black being furthest, pink slightly closer etc. The fairly easy red had to be shot before picking a colour. First miss and you were OUT!
    Our club also played Airgun Cricket which became a very popular Sunday event.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    My 'Claim To Fame' in the 80s was the invention of Airgun Snooker which soon became a very popular (addictive) side event at many national and club level competitions. In the following years several companies produced snooker sets using springers. I originally used different coloured K D targets set at different ranges. Black being furthest, pink slightly closer etc. The fairly easy red had to be shot before picking a colour. First miss and you were OUT!
    What was special about that? Were you using HW35s as bats

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    What was special about that? Were you using HW35s as bats
    Two teams. First team shoot at the 'Runs'. K D targets set at different distances - the 6 being the hardest, obviously. After all the 'Batters' have had one shot its the 'Bowlers' turn.
    Bowlers all take one shot at a distant KD target. For every time the target is hit the Batters chose which of the Bowlers is out and no longer shoots. When all the bowlers are out the roles are reversed.
    The quandary is. If your a Batter and shoot well you will be chosen to be out early.

The distance to the K D targets depends on the weather conditions on the day.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Two teams. First team shoot at the 'Runs'. K D targets set at different distances - the 6 being the hardest, obviously. After all the 'Batters' have had one shot its the 'Bowlers' turn.
    Bowlers all take one shot at a distant KD target. For every time the target is hit the Batters chose which of the Bowlers is out and no longer shoots. When all the bowlers are out the roles are reversed.
    The quandary is. If your a Batter and shoot well you will be chosen to be out early.

The distance to the K D targets depends on the weather conditions on the day.
    They sound excellent, Ian.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I remember winning quite a few snooker shoots with my Mick Dawes Special back then.
    Especially if it was combined with a speed shoot - devious that was.

Mark - ex Stourvale.

I knew I had that advert somewhere. Third column, halfway down.
    Don't let the prices make you too sick...

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation