Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: lets go back to 1986 for a min....

Old times

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Long View Post
    So I'm guessing you are DP ? Are you still making the targets.....?
    Yes guilty. After 20 years I have sold the business to another Basingstoke member. I still shoot but do not compete. Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    God this takes me back. I remember shooting in the woodland course at the sun inn, just outside Chop Gate.
    Where you there the day the woods caught fire ? and do you know if the clubs still going . Fella called Andy ran it but his sir name escapes me . he shot a venom 77 with a Dave kobyiashi stock

Quote Originally Posted by OUTCAST View Post
    Ormsby air rifle club them were the days... I had my fair share of wins at chop gate .
    As for the decoy shoot .22 with H&N hollow points out of a HW80 they put squash balls in the head to make them last longer but sometimes you had to shoot them in the tail to spin them out of the ring.
    just in case you are thinking who the its Dave Hammill
    I recognise your name-sure it was featured regularly in the airgun magazine's FT sections back in the old days Do you still shoot?
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

just starting again

Talking ...... Dave me `ol mukka!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    do you know if the clubs still going . Fella called Andy ran it but his sir name escapes me . he shot a venom 77 with a Dave kobyiashi stock
    That will be Andrew J. Knox, http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscbbcc034.jpg

Good to see your still kickin about Dave Hammill I was chatting to Bob Adamson on here (Rob A) Frank Spencer (Chrono)
    reminiscing about the Airgunner magazine Clubs Cup challenge that we won back in ... 1986! lol, good times mate!!

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...psf80256a6.jpg

you are dead right Terry Doe, http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps1e862128.jpg ... my God we had some right laughs!
    ..... Dave Hammill streaking! oh my, what a sight

come on guys share those pics you have!!

Graham
    . . . Please INDICATE when overtaking cyclists !!

Ooh the thought of being 12 again and I could wipe out all the mistakes of the last 28yrs, yes please !...

Herx77 is offline "Instruments of the light"
    Any one know where or what happened to Ian Law.I did hear he was in cornwall perhaps running a B&B. If so would as I go surfing there would give me a chance to drop in sometime.
    HERX77 .
    Fighter against the "Dark Arts" A stranger in an even stranger land.
    GC2+Leupold 14.4-34x45
    AA400 fac receiver+sidewinder 8.5-34x52
    Weihrauch HW77k fiddled with and doing what it wants to +Zeiss 3-9x36.
    Weihrauch HW90k
    Weihrauch HW97k learning from above,now sporting a Maccarri 77/97 target stock..+Bushnell 3200.Go on shoot one you know you want to
    Daystate mk3 RT Delux + bushnell 4200 8-24x 40Does what it should again & again.
    Fwb 124 + Optima was good is good!
    Webley Vulcan.

Ormesby air rifle club is no more but the same peeps have a club in darlington. It's run by will muzzioli. The original founder of the oarc was I believe bill harker who sadly passed away up at chopgate back in the late 90s he had a heart attack in the carpark after a shoot.

All the very best

Baldy

I know this is an old thread, but thought this was relevant!

Also as this is a let's go back to 1986 post, I think we are allowed to go back to 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Long View Post
    They were good shots, made the cover of AGW once with their engraved Venoms, also had some of the first Ken Turner customs in stainless finish.
    Indeed they did make front cover but of Air Gunner not AGW, and here is the proof!

In this photo, the kids had the Venoms and both JJ and Shirley had their Ken Turner customs.

I wonder what happened to those Ken Turner rifles? Does anyone know?

oooh that KT break barrel has made me go a bit funny. I would do some bad things to have that in my collection

Ooo-er.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I remember reading about these 'Southern' events in my well-read Airgun World and as there was nothing like that in the North I decided to form an airgun club. Blackburn & District Outdoor Airgun Club which was on the Preston side of Blackburn in a lovely tree-lined valley. It's still there although a few hundred yards away.
    Later I went on to form Rivington Riflemen (with the help of a certain Dennis Hiller and Jim Tyler of Sporting Air Rifle fame) in a huge quarry on the outskirts of Chorley. It's only last December that I relinquished the secretaries job at Rivington after 35+ years and now the new club secretary, Tony (Tin Can) Thomas is doing a grand job.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    oooh that KT break barrel has made me go a bit funny. I would do some bad things to have that in my collection
    All of KT's creations are something special...

I have seen and shot a few, they all shoot as good as they look!

There is another picture of that break barrel in the article, unfortunately it's black and white, but it gives you an idea:

Beautiful stock too!

Hmmm ... it must have been around then that the family visited the Country / Game Fayre (East Anglian?) at Stow Cum Quy in August / September. There was a shoot / have a go competition being run by an FT club ... Colne Valley maybe? My daughter had a go on the 'have a go' competition using one of the 'club guns' and did quite well .... so well in fact that she won the Ladies Competition and still has the trophy declaring her as the winner. As usual, I came away with nothing .....
    Memories ...
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Ormesby air rifle club is no more but the same peeps have a club in darlington. It's run by will muzzioli. The original founder of the oarc was I believe bill harker who sadly passed away up at chopgate back in the late 90s he had a heart attack in the carpark after a shoot.

All the very best

Baldy
    This is correct and still very sad. Darlington rifle club is now predominantly Full bore shooting. It does have an air rifle section but is no longer a member of NEFTA. From Ormesby we moved to Mannion Park sporting club where we had a 25m Indoor Range and 100m Outdoor range, superb facility until someone burnt it down. That was the start of the demise of the club, and losing old Bill who owned and run the Sun Inn. Great days, cracking memories.
    VAYA CON DIOS