Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: accucover

accucover

Hi hope this is the right section for this review or no one has talked about this cover all ready, but here is what i think of it.

I have the E4144 witch is 41mm - 44mm can you see what they did there with the product code.

This is how they say there product works and what it can do for both experts and novice shooters.

• Eliminates parallax error without time consuming scope adjustments
    • Reduces cant error (rifle tilt) and increases long range accuracy
    • Delivers quick and smooth eye alignment particularly at dusk and dawn
    • Protects scopes from the elements

And i have to say it does every thing it says it will do my shooting has improved alot since using it and my groupings at long range 50 yards is very tight now.
    All so i have to say when i used it for hunting later on in the evening it did seem to make sighting up easy on the eye. may be its all in my head but if it is i dont care because that is half of the great thing about this product you start forgetting its even on your scope and becomes 2nd nature.
    Is all made to a very good standard and is well worth the £19.99 they are asking for it at the moment.
    just one more note worthy thing to mention witch they dont seem to any where i have seen is that the flip up cap folds right back so in the summer if you shoot with a cap on you dont have to wear your cap in a funny postion or be at risk of looking like a chav! you can find the product here. www.accucover.com

£20! - won't be long before that gets copied!

They say they have a patent but I bet they don't!
    FX Cyclone .22 + Hawke Sidewinder30 4-16x50 (SR6)

Accucover Patent

I product tested for Accucover and they do have a patent.

Not that copies would be any good anyway they never are!

ATB SS

I agree, well worth fitting and if scope fitted correctly and accucover lined up, virtually instant improvment. Well made, good instructions for fitting as well as quality of product.
    In fact so good i bought 2.

So do you reckon they are a must for a beginner or is it better to wait a bit and try them later on in the learning curve?

I was a bit sceptical at first but just picked up a new scope and fitted the accucover for a trial.

Zeroed rifle at 35yds and then went to 50yds and hit bang centre no drama's......

Then a more technical test at 80yds lased......the result:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...5062011001.jpg

15mm Centre to Centre, me was a happy chappie!!

I learnt that my head position wasn't over the cheek piece enough and in days gone by my shot would drift to the right.....not anymore so its well worth the £20!!!

Oh and whoever says .25 isn't accurate.......there's proof otherwise lol

atb

DVS
    Last edited by DVS1; 05-06-2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

maybe they have a patent, but i bet a good patent attourney could get round it as its such a simple design.

Anyway just make your own out of bikini covers if you already have them.

Apparently it was the paint that cost all the money, so i was told......

good stuff, Im going to buy some of these i reckon.

theres bin a couple of threads on these with mixed opinions, the for saying - helped alot the against saying - to expensive i have four of these fitted and although ive been hunting for years i love the confidence they give at ranges that ime not zeroed in at
    as for too expensive i think the price of 5 1/2 pints is nothing compared to a wound!!

Would they be any good for lamping

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    Would they be any good for lamping
    i use a gl4 and can get a faint glow from the markers, they do help a bit mate but definately better with plenty of moon, but thats not the right time for lamping

I've found it really useful for getting the adjustable butt pad on my fx spot on for me. It's a really simple idea and I know a few people have commented on the cost but it's well made and for me money well spent.

I have to agree mate...I was a bit sceptical at first, and then it took a bit of getting use to, as it really started to highlight errors that one can make with scope alignment - especially when you get a bit tied/ lazy after a long days shooting...that's normally the point at which I give up and go home! But this helped me to raise my game for the final few shots of the day - and really helped

In short - recommended! (though for 20 quid P+P should be free in my opinion)
    'Windage & Elevation, Miss. Langdon - Windage & Elevation!'

I've had one for ages now, and its brilliant, every scope should have one

I tried the largest size available but did not feel I could fit it comfortably to the eyepiece on my Hawke Eclipse.

The rubber boot woulkd just about have stretched over the very end but it would have been a struggle to get it over the locking rings. I felt I would have had to get the positioning of the cover absolutely right 1st time as it would have been too tight for any fine adjustment afterwards, or the locking rings might haev moved whilst trying to twaek the cover.

Pity cause I was sold on the idea and the cover was made of quality materilas.

I'd try again if they extended the range to include a larger version.

Couple of blurry pics here

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/716/img1793ij.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/3375/img1792p.jpg