Thread: Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldifled - Sunday 3 July 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldfield - Sunday 3 July 2011

I am proposing to organise an airgun collectors fayre at Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club on Sunday 3 July 2011.

Many readers of Airgunbbs will have attended the airgun collectors fayre at Leicester (organised by "Pennineway") in 2008. If you attended, you will know what a great day it was and I intend to organise a similar event.

The most important need is to get plenty of sellers committed to the project. Anyone wanting to sell airguns, pellets and accessories can hire a full table for £20 for the day or a half-table for just £10. This will include free entry for one person to the fayre. Entry for visitors will be £3.00.

No RFD's will be allowed to sell on the day. The fayre is for collectors and enthusiasts to sell their own privately owned items that do not require FAC or SGC. I am liaising with the local police to confirm their requirements in this respect.

Can anyone who is interested in selling send me a PM? If you have questions about the fayre, please post them on this thread. I will soon set up a website for the fayre that will have an email link and provide further information.

Many thanks to all collectors who read this thread.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 12-04-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Spelling - please forgive my addled fingers & brain!

Tremendously good news !
    Well done that man.
    Old Dog Learning New Tricks

www.lomil.co.uk

Smile

I did attend the one at Leicester organized by PENNINEWAY!

What a brilliant day out.

Apart from spending all my pocket money for months I met many fellow collectors and friends who I had only 'spoken' to on the BBS including our very own Gareth . Never mind.
    Ive got this date pencilled into my calendar and Im already looking forward to the event.

Please keep us informed.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Excellent news. i will be there

I will spread the word to the Melbourne men as well as the Leics members
    I will be in touch Charlie

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    This sounds "very dangerous" but Extremly Interesting ! Didnt Do Leicester but would love to go !

I'll be there !

May have a few bits to sell but nothing worth a Stand.
    Is that OK ?

"Blackrider"

Thanks for words of support from those who attended John "Pennineways" legendary airgun fayre at Leicester.

In terms of tables: a full table (£20 hire) is about 5ft6in wide and is really what you need if you have a lot to sell or want to sell rifles. A half table (£10 hire) is worth considering for anyone selling just a few items such as pistols, scopes, pellet tins. Any related kit such as fishing gear, optics or ferretting gear would also be welcome.

It is best to hire a table if you want to do any selling, as there won't be anywhere else to display items on the day.

I hired a half-table for £12 at the Leicester Airgun Fayre and sold almost £200 of guns and kit so it was well-worth attending.

I will attach a link to the website, soon.

Note that there will be a licensed bar on site and excellent shopping/eating is only ten minutes walk away.