Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldifled - Sunday 3 July 2011

Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldfield - Sunday 3 July 2011

I am proposing to organise an airgun collectors fayre at Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club on Sunday 3 July 2011.

Many readers of Airgunbbs will have attended the airgun collectors fayre at Leicester (organised by "Pennineway") in 2008. If you attended, you will know what a great day it was and I intend to organise a similar event.

The most important need is to get plenty of sellers committed to the project. Anyone wanting to sell airguns, pellets and accessories can hire a full table for £20 for the day or a half-table for just £10. This will include free entry for one person to the fayre. Entry for visitors will be £3.00.

No RFD's will be allowed to sell on the day. The fayre is for collectors and enthusiasts to sell their own privately owned items that do not require FAC or SGC. I am liaising with the local police to confirm their requirements in this respect.

Can anyone who is interested in selling send me a PM? If you have questions about the fayre, please post them on this thread. I will soon set up a website for the fayre that will have an email link and provide further information.

Many thanks to all collectors who read this thread.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 12-04-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Spelling - please forgive my addled fingers & brain!

Tremendously good news !
    Well done that man.
    Old Dog Learning New Tricks

www.lomil.co.uk

Smile

I did attend the one at Leicester organized by PENNINEWAY!

What a brilliant day out.

Apart from spending all my pocket money for months I met many fellow collectors and friends who I had only 'spoken' to on the BBS including our very own Gareth . Never mind.
    Ive got this date pencilled into my calendar and Im already looking forward to the event.

Please keep us informed.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Excellent news. i will be there

I will spread the word to the Melbourne men as well as the Leics members
    I will be in touch Charlie

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    This sounds "very dangerous" but Extremly Interesting ! Didnt Do Leicester but would love to go !

I'll be there !

May have a few bits to sell but nothing worth a Stand.
    Is that OK ?

"Blackrider"

Thanks for words of support from those who attended John "Pennineways" legendary airgun fayre at Leicester.

In terms of tables: a full table (£20 hire) is about 5ft6in wide and is really what you need if you have a lot to sell or want to sell rifles. A half table (£10 hire) is worth considering for anyone selling just a few items such as pistols, scopes, pellet tins. Any related kit such as fishing gear, optics or ferretting gear would also be welcome.

It is best to hire a table if you want to do any selling, as there won't be anywhere else to display items on the day.

I hired a half-table for £12 at the Leicester Airgun Fayre and sold almost £200 of guns and kit so it was well-worth attending.

I will attach a link to the website, soon.

Note that there will be a licensed bar on site and excellent shopping/eating is only ten minutes walk away.

Excellent idea ... put Anne and I down for a table .... she needs to clear space for new finds!
    The Groby day was superb. The FWB300 that Anne bought set her on the slippery slope to 10m target shooting and she has not looked back. About time there was another ...

Cheers, Phil

I won't be able to attend unfortunately but hats off to you for making the time and effort to arrange this and the very best of luck with the event.
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

It's pencilled in on the calendar- i'll be sharing a table with my good friend John (Blackrider)..

Can't wait for the day though i'll probably be bringing more home with me that i'll be taking (the wife will kill me again!!! )

Hope to everyone there and put a few faces to names

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Great idea - Even I can probably make it to sutton coldfield ! Looking forward to it.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Sounds good

I'm about 6miles away.

If it is on I'll be there, if only to meet up with a members from the gentlemens section

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

ill be there !!

ill be there!! will contact you if i decide to hire a table

I'll attend this, sounds right up my street

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

"Collectors fair"

As stated above;

I'll be sharing a stand with "Johnbaz" whereupon they'll be shooting gear, fishing gear and a few more "interesting bitz n pieces" besides.

Really looking forward to this now !

Cheers !

John. (Blackrider)