Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldifled - Sunday 3 July 2011

Airgun Fayre Update

Great News: I have now had it confirmed that our licensed bar will be open on the day of the Fayre.

So far the following tables have been booked:

Billyboy and a colleague - 2 tables
    Ian from Cannock
    M and A Horne
    Phil and Anne Russell
    Johnbaz and Blackrider

RFD's cannot display there but commercial traders who are not RFD (such as sellers of hunting kit or clothing) will be invited. Local RFD's are welcome to sponsor prizes in the raffle.

There is room for plenty more tables. We can accommodate at least 40 full-size tables.

More sellers are very welcome.

A dedicated website for the Airgun Collectors Fayre will soon be online together with a dedicated email address for enquiries and bookings.

Grateful thanks go to the team who run AirgunBBS for allowing us to use their forum to organise this event.

Howdo Mr. Finger,

I'll take two full tables please on behalf of myself & fellow "Melbourne Marksmen"...looking forward to it...would I be right in thinking it's the posher part of the midlands & dickie bows must be worn...

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    Howdo Mr. Finger,

I'll take two full tables please on behalf of myself & fellow "Melbourne Marksmen"...looking forward to it...would I be right in thinking it's the posher part of the midlands & dickie bows must be worn...
    Might be posher down ther Chris, but we will need interpreters!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro-Express View Post
    Might be posher down ther Chris, but we will need interpreters!
    He He...i'm ex "Black country" so I can speak.........Gornal....gosh..wish I could turn the clock back..did the conga one New years eve through all the pubs in Gornal...I could drink then..

collector fayre

interested in attending, where is Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club and how often do you meet?

are you welcoming new members?

Cheers

Mike

What about someone with a private collection who is also an RFD?

I would be interested in moving some of my own stuff?

Richard

He He...i'm ex "Black country" so I can speak.........Gornal....gosh..wish I could turn the clock back..did the conga one New years eve through all the pubs in Gornal...I could drink then..
    WHY am I not surprised?

Private Collection

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    What about someone with a private collection who is also an RFD?

I would be interested in moving some of my own stuff?

Richard
    Hi, Richard

I have agreed with the local police not to let any RFD's or RFD's representatives sell at the fair in any capacity. I would not want to push this agreement with them as they have been very fair in allowing the Fayre to go ahead and it is likely that a representative of West Mids police exp & firearms dept will be attending to check on things. It will be very easy for them to pull the plug on the Fayre if they feel that I am breeching the terms that I have agreed with them. However, there is no reason why you cannot attend as a paying visitor with photos and lists of guns for sale in order to make contact with fellow collectors who may be interested in purchasing items from you in the future.

Howdo Mr. Finger,

Two full tables added for the "Melbourne Marksmen".

Glad to have the Melbourne Marksmen on board. I hear they are fanatical collectors.

8 tables so far. Room for up to 40 tables so more are welcome.

Don't worry, Sutton Coldfield's not as posh as it once was and shooters are only required to wear a dickie-bow when posing with a Walther LP53.

New Members

Quote Originally Posted by mikemjm View Post
    interested in attending, where is Sutton Coldfield Rifle & Pistol Club and how often do you meet?

are you welcoming new members?

Cheers

Mike
    Hi, Mike

Information at http://www.scrapclub.org.uk/.

Best night for new visitors to attend is Tuesday (20yard rimfire and air) or Friday (10m air). You can bring a suitable gun if you have one or you can use club guns. Only £2.00a visit and you get several visits to try the club out before being asked for membership fee. I need to add that applicants for membership will have to show photo ID, pay an application fee, provide a reference and be approved by the committee. However, any shooter who follows basic safety rules, fills in the application form honestly and shows a heklpful attitude in running the range will always be welcomed.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 10-03-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: clarity

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Is the fayre for second hand stuff only, or can a non RFD sell new items they make themselves?

Thanks
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by GarryP View Post
    Is the fayre for second hand stuff only, or can a non RFD sell new items they make themselves?
    Thanks
    Garry
    That will not be a problem so long as the item is legal in the UK and does not require an FAC or SGC. For instance, some members make things like walking sticks or hunting knifes. Such items would be very welcome and might sell well to visitors. PM me if you need to discuss and want to book a table.

Visitors to the Airgun Fayre can be reassured that free cashpoints are only 10 minutes walk away.

Benefits Of Booking A Stand

Hiring a half table also gives you free entry to the Fayre (normal cost £3.00) so half-table hire effectively works out at only £7.00. Hiring a full table for £20 gets you two free entries to the Fayre so a full-table effectively works out at just £14.00.

Plus sellers get to park right by the range and to get into the Fayre before the public. I will ask sellers for a cheque or postal order payable to " SCRAP Club" soon. I will also post them details of the Fayre location, times, and the size of the table. There will also be room under the table to place a couple of boxes of bits-n-bobs to sell plus wall space behind to prop some rifles. The club will provide you with a chair or two.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Powderfinger View Post
    Grateful thanks go to the team who run AirgunBBS for allowing us to use their forum to organise this event.
    You are most welcome ... I would make this a sticky, but if I did that, no bugga would read it.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    You are most welcome ... I would make this a sticky, but if I did that, no bugga would read it.
    I make a special point of not reading 'stickys' unless it specifically mentions Relum Tornado!

I somehow think this thread will not disappear off the first page.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk