Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Airgun Collectors Fayre - Sutton Coldifled - Sunday 3 July 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Myself and MallyAlly had a great time, got in early after slipping the door guys a little extra , so beating I.J to all the prospective goodies . I'm certainly glad we came. Mally and myself had a brilliant day all round. Massive truckers brekkie at the Hollies truck stop on the A5 to start us off and a few nice cold and very welcome pints in a nice pub in Penkridge on the way home.

At the fayre I bought a load of old 1986/87 Airgunner mags always a good read, my sons can't believe how primitive these old mags are all in black and white. Also got pristine box of Sussex Sabo (WITH LOADING PEN ) and a very nice vintage break barrel Milbro from the late 20's early 30's very similar to the Diana Mod 27 of that time which shoots lovely after a nice session in the garden, both from Rivi's John (No City). Plus a box of Champion Polaris from Chris (HW Vixen) sadly still on the banned list but hopefully Gareth may be able to sort that .

Did want, but never got my tin of much hoped for Champion Ballistic but still live in hope. I thought it was a brilliant idea and look forward to the next one.

It was brilliant to see the AirgunBBS Cammo king Pad E again after so long, last time I saw him was when he travelled all the way from Birmingham to Liverpool Royal Hospital to visit me when I was laid up with a smashed knee and Pelvis in Jan 2010. So another reason to have another collectors fayre, its a place to meet old friends.

Well done to all who put the work in to make this event possible .
    Thanks Gary

Nice day out, good meeting up with old friends. Didn't stay long was on a tight schedule.

I didn't buy anything, even though there were 2 Jackals & a Jackal stock there . I must be getting sane in my old age

I would of went for that SA Sabo Pellets & Insert Pen if you didn't bribe your way in early.

Hope to be at the next one,

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

The SCR&PC team hope that all those who attended the fair had a good time and enchanced their collections. SCR&PC intends to hold another airgun collectors fair next year and we will start discussions as to what we can do to make it even better. Big issues will be ventilating the range (this can be done) and making sure there are plenty of refreshments available. We will also try to bring in more buyers. Many thanks to all those who supported the fair as buyers and sellers. We will start a new thread for the fair early next year.

thanks Charlie

Many thanks Charlie and your club members from Melbourne Marksmen for organising this fayre.
    Splendid day out and always nice to browse through old airguns and speak to fellow collectors.
    See you at the next one
    ATB
    John, Pete,Chris (HWVixen) and M.M.members
    hold me back !!

Well done to the organisers for making this event happen. Lets hope us classic enthusiasts can can get together more often. Personally, I think it a little unfair that Mr Jones insisted upon the genuine bargains being left undisplayed until Gary and Mal had left though! The three of us had a great day with John and I managing to flog most of our surplus gear. Ian is too tight to get rid of any of his collection, and fought the urges to buy any other additions to the "Jones Airgun Armoury."

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

fair

What a great event, well done and a big thank you to the organisers. This is exactly the type of event us airgunners especially collectors need. Having gone to the arms fairs at the motorcycle museum a number of times and alwaqys come away dissapointed, have mentiond on previous threads a lack of airgun material and whats on offer, of poor quality and overpriced. This was like an alladins cave of treasures, didnt get there there till after 12 and thought all the choice items would have been snapped up. Having scanned the whole venue I was drawn back to Mickys table, A boxed Sterling HR81 in 1.77 and a BSA Shadow also boxed and both mint. Mickys prices were fair as they were but a deal was on for the pair, needless to say the price was right and deal done (Again many thanks Micky). Would have loved the Buccaneer as well but the pocket money was all but spent and wouldn't stretch but did manage to aquire a decent Nikko scope as well. Left well pleased.
    More of the same please, shame its only yearly and again a massive thanks to all involved atvb cheers Roll

It was a great day I picked up a few pre war BSA bits and pieces so very pleased. Nice to meet people from the bbs too

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Thanks Gary

Nice day out, good meeting up with old friends. Didn't stay long was on a tight schedule.

I didn't buy anything, even though there were 2 Jackals & a Jackal stock there . I must be getting sane in my old age

I would of went for that SA Sabo Pellets & Insert Pen if you didn't bribe your way in early.

Hope to be at the next one,

Regards
    Paddy.
    Look forward to seeing you again, hopefully before the next fayre young Pad, might even be lucky enough to see you part with some cash next time . Not sure whether that high pitched squeaking was coming from your arse or Mally megawoolies, you both have equally airtight ringpieces . Hard luck on the Sabo's mate, if you snooze you lose .

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I think it a little unfair that Mr Jones insisted upon the genuine bargains being left undisplayed until Gary and Mal had left though!

Andy
    I bet he did to the old soak I was following Jonesy round, Andy, you know what he's like for sniffing out the good stuff and as for him being tight he was certainly in good company with Mally and Paddy .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Enjoyed the day. Thanks to Charlie and the rest of the SCARP club members for staging the event, they take a lot of organising. Thanks to I.J. (Ian) and Amac (Andy) for the company. Still checking to see if I have all my fingers, the speed that Grayling had the Sabo pellets away.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hey Charlie, for next year, how's about taking a big hacksaw to that floodlight pylon at the entrance/exit ?
    What a bugger that was to negotiate !

ATB Mate !

John. aka. "Blackrider"
    “An airgun or two”………

Superb day out ... thanks to all for organising it.
    It was very good to meet 'like minded people' and see rifles I had only heard about e.g. the BSA Firebird ... temptation was resisted though.
    Anne was tempted by many more and was drooling over the FWB124 to accompany her 127 all the way home. No doubt one day funds will be available. I think the pennies are chinking into the jar already.
    We hope another event is organised.

Cheers, Phil

PS. Excellent coffee Sophie ... we look forward to seeing you again.

Many thanks to the SCRAP club boys, and to Charlie in particular, for their efforts in organizing the collectors fair.

Had an enjoyable day out, and picked up a nice little BSA Light Pattern, which was number one on my wish-list from the first moment the fair was conceived. Also very pleased with my new Webley Senior.

We must all do it again sometime, like asap.

Thanks Charlie,
    Kind regards.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Thanks to Charlie again, and the SCRAP club for putting it on. It's a shame there weren't more buyers in as there was quite a lot of bargains. Looking forward to the next one, probably as a customer this time!

Many thanks, I'm sure a lot of effort goes in the organisation,I enjoyed it.

I understand that there was a collector from the US in attendance. Any prizes for the longest distance travelled?

"Hey Charlie, for next year, how's about taking a big hacksaw to that floodlight pylon at the entrance/exit ?"

No-one knows why that pylon got sited where it is. Cripes knows how a fire engine would get into the ground if there was a fire like the terrible one at Bradford.

Next year will be even better. More buyers, more sellers, more tea & coffee, more prizes, more ventilation. Thanks to Sophie, Big Mike, Andy, Dave, Jeff, Peter and the AirgunBBS who made it all possible. Thanks to Mike of The Shooting Party for putting up prize. Details of next year's fayre will be on the BBS in January 2012.
    Last edited by Powderfinger; 04-07-2011 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling

I am actually an alien visitor from the planet "Zog", a total of 75 light years from earth. I had originally attended the event to investigate the sighting of the most inappropriately placed pylon in the known universe. I even clipped the top of it as I landed my (invisible to human eyes) craft above the football pitch.

You can imagine my surprise when I entered the hall only to be greeted by the site of so much quality classic air gunning materiel's. You are so lucky on earth. Our power limit is only 0.5ftlb back home, although we do only have 30% of your gravity. Anyway, enough of the banter. I have to find a new reactor core as the bloody pylon tore of mine as I attempted to land. BSF B54 to the States? Our representative on earth, Ian Jones has managed to collect a vast arsenal of desirable guns that I will shortly be tele-porting back to my ship.

Oh, and bye the way, does anybody have a spare photon reactor knocking about in their "spares" boxes as its a long walk back?

Andy (from Zog)
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !