Thread: Hello from sunny Cornwall

Hello from sunny Cornwall

Hi folks, Had a few probs getting my registration to work so would like to thank admin Pete for helping me finally get here

Been air-gunning since the early 1990`s, was a big fan of JD and still read his great book from time to time.
    Have an HW97K in .22 and an HW95 in .177 both V-Mached and with Rowen triggers.

Looking forward to reading all your interesting hunting storys and writing a few of my own.

Goffie.

Im also a fan of JD, though i didn't realise there was a Jack Daniels book

seriously though i would be interested to know what who this JD is.

and welcome.
    Dan

Hi Dan. John Darling was a bit of an airgun guru in the 1980/90`s. Wrote for Airgunner mag every month. Wrote an excellent book called " Air rifle hunting". You can still pick it up on the fleabay for about £15. Everybody who hunts with an air rifle should read it in my humble opinion. Theres a few snippets of his vids up on youtube. Sadly JD passed away in 2004.
    My eldest son is 15 and just starting out in airgunning, hes read the JD book and loves it also

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Hello and welcome to the BBS.

What a nice place to live in the Country of Kernow.

Still have some family members left down in Newlyn, Bodmin and Liskeard wish we could get down to see them more often.

ATB

welcome

Hi and welcome to the bbs. Ian.

Welcome to the forum, from one Cornish dweller to another

Ahhh i have heard of that name before and pretty sure ive seen some of hids vids. will check out his book. Thanks

hi and welcome

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………….…

Thx guys , nice to see a couple of fellow Cornwall dwellers

I have a signed copy of John Darling's "Air rifle hunting", as you say a very good book.
    Didn't know he passed away in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    I have a signed copy of John Darling's "Air rifle hunting", as you say a very good book.
    Didn't know he passed away in 2004.
    Yes very sad but he wrote many great storys over the years in Airgunner so left a lot of knowledge behind. I also like to fish for bass and he wrote another great book called "Bass fishing on shore and sea".

As for having a signed copy of "Air rifle hunting", im so jealous.

Cornwall

Quote Originally Posted by Goffie View Post
    Hi folks, Had a few probs getting my registration to work so would like to thank admin Pete for helping me finally get here

Been air-gunning since the early 1990`s, was a big fan of JD and still read his great book from time to time.
    Have an HW97K in .22 and an HW95 in .177 both V-Mached and with Rowen triggers.

Looking forward to reading all your interesting hunting storys and writing a few of my own.

Goffie.
    Hey there I see there's a quite a few cornishman here probably because of are secret bunny filled hunting grounds! The reason I posted is that I just turned down a HW97 for an AA tx 200 because I heard there not a great gun (and price) but I only hear good reviews on the net and wandered what u think of the 97??

Quote Originally Posted by Paleon View Post
    Hey there I see there's a quite a few cornishman here probably because of are secret bunny filled hunting grounds! The reason I posted is that I just turned down a HW97 for an AA tx 200 because I heard there not a great gun (and price) but I only hear good reviews on the net and wandered what u think of the 97??
    I tried both the 97 and TX, i prefered the 97 due to ease of loading due to the bigger loading port. Both great guns and down to personal preference. Whacked a V-Mach kit in mine and a Rowen trigger so its a keeper for sure . As for the bunnies, Not as many around my patch as say 10 years ago. Mixy made a comeback but they are slowly recovering. My Mrs used to live in Hayle and i was always surprised at the amount of bunnys around the go-kart track and golf club on the St Erth road. We are about to move near camborne so hopefully will get a few good permissions around that area