Thread: Hw 45 dieseling

Hw 45 dieseling

Has anyone had a hw45 approx 6 months old only had 200 pellets through it Every shot dieseling from the barrel after each shot is this normal using AA fields 4.52 in 177.
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Mine took a couple of tins to settle down from new - it was one of the first to be imported, I had to put my name on a waiting list
    If it's left a couple of months it still diesels for a few shots before settling down, it's about 25 now bless it
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Yes, it appears to be normal. Mine diesels a bit and I have read many posts here and elsewhere, where other owners have found the same.

All the best
    Bob
    He who dies with the most toys wins. Flying, shooting, fishing and sports cars, what more could a man want.

Agree with the above knowledgeable guys. Im on my 4th now and they have all done it. Best not to go mad with the old lubrication and keep using it. Nice to have a pistol that appreciates being used.

And now a shameless plug - how about entering the UBC HW45 Challenge Cup on line competition? Its free to enter and you can join in with the UBC forum banter about it too!

http://umarexboysclubforum.myfinefor...tml&highlight=

I think it is something to do with the hard seal on the piston, it's not like a parachute seal, more like a hard PTFE....lubricant just gets by it and you get dieselling.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Yep, me too - one in .177 and one in .22 both dieseled and smoked like old knackers...and got even worse if you left 'em for a while before shooting again.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete m View Post
    Has anyone had a hw45 approx 6 months old only had 200 pellets through it Every shot dieseling from the barrel after each shot is this normal using AA fields 4.52 in 177.
    I'd be worried if it didn't.

My 45 dieseled badly even after a few tins of pellets. A few times I had detonations while shooting through my Chrony up to ~9ftlbs

I stripped mine, replaced the seal which had gouges on it, got rid of the rough edges and lubed up properly and made a spring sleeve.

Now it shoots mostly with no smoke bar the odd puff and is a different animal from the original gun.

Steve.

I took my HW45 back out for use after about 10 years - took about 100 shots to settle down and stop smoking!

If memory serves me correctly it did it for ages when frst bought in the mid nineties.

Paul