Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Makarov

Makarov

Intresting film here.

I have one from about 2000 needs a bit of help to load Gamo bb's in the original mag but not in my two extra ones.

Just need to find some seals cheaper than five pound a time.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Hi

I've been fancying a Baikal Mak for ages now, i'm really going to have to scratch the itch before too long

I've been told not to touch the Umarex ones as they're not as good as the original Ruskie version

Nice comparison vid BTW

Cheers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I bought a used Umarex one a while back and didnt like it at all. Poor build quality and it wouldnt fire gammo lead BB's. Sold it on.

Tried a Baikal at the club on Wednesday and have to say that I was really impressed - solid well built pistol that shoots great.

mrto

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Hutchinson View Post
    I bought a used Umarex one a while back and didnt like it at all. Poor build quality and it wouldnt fire gammo lead BB's. Sold it on.

Tried a Baikal at the club on Wednesday and have to say that I was really impressed - solid well built pistol that shoots great.
    I have the Baikal Makarov and can attest to its sturdiness of build and its punchy power.Abybody got Baikal's CO2 Tokarev or know whether it will ever be imported into this country.ATB.

I don't think the CO2 Tokarev would be legal to import into the UK.

From everything I've read about them (and details such as original date stamps, extractor missing) they are conversions from original live-ammo Tokarevs, and as such retain their original Section 5 status - they are still a firearm, after all, and not deactivated.

The Makarovs, on the other hand, are new-build.

Regards,

Iain

Well!!- I scratched the itch and a Russian Baikal should be landing at mine early next week

Can't wait to have a play (I'm like a kid on christmas eve when I have a gun en route!!!!)

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Abybody got Baikal's CO2 Tokarev or know whether it will ever be imported into this country.
    Never going to happen. The CO2 Tokarev's are converted from cartridge firing pistols rather than being made new from some of the the same parts as the real deal like the Makarov's.

If they started reproducing the Tokarev, it could be done, but I doubt that is ever going to happen.

this may sound like a sill question but do any of you guys know if the newer baikal mak's will fire the gamo lead shot without any hassle? i've got one on order with my local gunsmiths which is due next week. still looking for an older one though any help would be greatly recieved.

james

anyone know of a cheaper supplier of the seals? less than £5 plus post?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by lauri View Post
    anyone know of a cheaper supplier of the seals? less than £5 plus post?
    I've not found one and I've looked, there are a couple of custom sized Polyurethane seals in the kit so it's actually decent value.
    You could get sets made for less but you'd have to order thousands of each seal from a variety of manufacturers, then bag them up in sets and store them until someone could be bothered to buy them, I suspect this is the service you are paying for in the price of the seals,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by PlymShooter View Post
    this may sound like a sill question but do any of you guys know if the newer baikal mak's will fire the gamo lead shot without any hassle? i've got one on order with my local gunsmiths which is due next week. still looking for an older one though any help would be greatly recieved.

james
    At first i tried using the Gamo balls but they kept jamming due to loosing their shape in the magazine and action.
    I now use H&N copper coated lead BB's. These are 4.4mm with quite a thick outer coating. So for I have never had a jam/stoppage using them.
    HW100kt .177, MTC Viper Connect. HW97kt .177, EB Sniper. Brocock .177 Contour XL, Custom Walnut Stock, MTC Viper Connect. Brocock .177 Grand Prix,Walther Red-Dot. HW45 'Silver Star'. Tanfoglio Witness. Walther PPKs. Morrini 'MatchGun' PCP match pistol.

Thumbs up Gamo

Picked up my new Mak Thursday (dated 2011). Plinking yesterday (Friday) I Used up 2 co2 bulbs (lost count of Gamo BB's & mags but at least 100 BB's) had 2 jams from that lot.
    I will try some H&N next BB's I buy.
    Great fun

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    I don't think the CO2 Tokarev would be legal to import into the UK.

From everything I've read about them (and details such as original date stamps, extractor missing) they are conversions from original live-ammo Tokarevs, and as such retain their original Section 5 status - they are still a firearm, after all, and not deactivated.

The Makarovs, on the other hand, are new-build.

Regards,

Iain
    I don't think this is correct....The original Mak's were conversions from live-fire units and didn't retain thier sect. 5 status.
    It was this conversion that caused the original fuss in the states (although why the ATF got upset about this in a country where you could buy the real thing is beyond belief) however, once converted they certainly are deactivated and could not chamber a live round without replacement of the slide, barrel, firing pin mech. & magazine obviously.
    It would cost you more to convert it back again than it would cost you to buy a real one....

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Picked up my new Mak Thursday (dated 2011). Plinking yesterday (Friday) I Used up 2 co2 bulbs (lost count of Gamo BB's & mags but at least 100 BB's) had 2 jams from that lot.
    I will try some H&N next BB's I buy.
    Great fun
    Hi Baz,

What are your first impressions?
    Any changes from the 'new' model shown in this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w
    Best
    Gene

HI i have hear to stop the lead bb jamming in the early mags, you have to drill the operning out to 5mm [ but dont go to far down into the valve body and strip all parts out first] atb john