Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Makarov

Cool Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantia View Post
    Hi Baz,

What are your first impressions?
    Any changes from the 'new' model shown in this video?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekpi3pDAB_w
    Best
    Gene
    Great 1st impressions, I've stripped and cleaned before and after shooting. Really solid, reasonable power for accuracy at about 10 feet or so, big holes in drinks can's.

As for the video, it's same as the new one with the slimmer slide and doesn't have the lanyard ring. However it sounds solid when auctioning slide, bluing is perfect and strangely the tips are the same as the older one which seem to be correct PMM grips and not the shiny plastic.

The recoil spring is very stiff to cycle so I may cut a little or buy weaker one (seen on midwayuk). I also want to get the flush magazine spring as it was the only real criticism I have in that releasing the mag with the bulb screw in the way was cumbersome. Seen some on Egun (and other interesting bits such as improved seals and soviet grips).

Would also consider the silencer and longer barrel from RusMilitary perhaps at a later date.

Overall, really pleased I bought it and is a fun purchase that was lower cost than a deac of the same model yet actually can be fired.

Qui

You can make magazine release easier if you attach a lanyard to the release catch & then feed it through the small adjacent loop on the butt. Pulling back on the lanyard then pulls the spring back & releases the magazine.

If you attach the other end to the capsule screw loop, you can keep gun & magazine together at all times and prevent magazine falling onto ground

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jassi View Post
    If you attach the other end to the capsule screw loop, you can keep gun & magazine together at all times and prevent magazine falling onto ground

Ian
    Which is a very good idea - I damaged my first one by letting it fall on to the concrete garage floor. They are expensive to replace!

I had exactly the same thing happen with an airsoft pistol Very first day, too.

With the Mak, I have a proper leather holster in which I can safely place the pistol while reloading the magazine. If the mag accidentally falls, it still can't hit the floor.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    Great 1st impressions, I've stripped and cleaned before and after shooting. Really solid, reasonable power for accuracy at about 10 feet or so, big holes in drinks can's.

As for the video, it's same as the new one with the slimmer slide and doesn't have the lanyard ring. However it sounds solid when auctioning slide, bluing is perfect and strangely the tips are the same as the older one which seem to be correct PMM grips and not the shiny plastic.

The recoil spring is very stiff to cycle so I may cut a little or buy weaker one (seen on midwayuk). I also want to get the flush magazine spring as it was the only real criticism I have in that releasing the mag with the bulb screw in the way was cumbersome. Seen some on Egun (and other interesting bits such as improved seals and soviet grips).

Would also consider the silencer and longer barrel from RusMilitary perhaps at a later date.

Overall, really pleased I bought it and is a fun purchase that was lower cost than a deac of the same model yet actually can be fired.

Qui
    The recoil spring doesn't serve any useful purpose, merely being a hangover from the real pistol.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    The recoil spring doesn't serve any useful purpose, merely being a hangover from the real pistol.

But it does make a lovely "clunk-clunk" sound!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Qui
    Thanks, thats really good news. Seems they have sorted to 'issues' mentioned on the youtube vid.
    I was going to order one this week but the car gearbox went yesterday so thats put it on hold for a while
    I also like the silencers and bakelite grips!!
    Best
    Gene

Red face

True, but is nice to cycle for first shot & also for stripping to clean

Thanks, thats really good news. Seems they have sorted to 'issues' mentioned on the youtube vid.
    I was going to order one this week but the car gearbox went yesterday so thats put it on hold for a while
    Best
    Gene
    I hope you get gearbox sorted & can get one soon.
    All the best
    Baz

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    But it does make a lovely "clunk-clunk" sound!
    Oh YES

I hope you get gearbox sorted & can get one soon.
    All the best
    Baz
    Cheers mate.
    Keeping fingers crossed tomorrow when it's in the garage.

Best
    Gene

I don't think this is correct....The original Mak's were conversions from live-fire units and didn't retain thier sect. 5 status.
    It was this conversion that caused the original fuss in the states (although why the ATF got upset about this in a country where you could buy the real thing is beyond belief) however, once converted they certainly are deactivated and could not chamber a live round without replacement of the slide, barrel, firing pin mech. & magazine obviously.
    It would cost you more to convert it back again than it would cost you to buy a real one....

Further to this the main thing that they did to stop it from being converted was to machine out two segments one ether side of where the barrel fits in to the frame so that nothing much larger than a .177 barrel could be fitted in. I understand that there are still a few of the old ones about that could be converted but the other problem is that it would need a complete new slide as well as a barrel and magazines. it would probabley work out much cheeper to just buy one a complete gun from your friendly neighbourhood drug dealer then what are you going to do with it if the police find it on you it the big house for a long visit.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain K D View Post
    I don't think the CO2 Tokarev would be legal to import into the UK.

From everything I've read about them (and details such as original date stamps, extractor missing) they are conversions from original live-ammo Tokarevs, and as such retain their original Section 5 status - they are still a firearm, after all, and not deactivated.

The Makarovs, on the other hand, are new-build.

Regards,

Iain
    Wouldn't it be nice if gun laws reflected a gun's current status, rather than what it used to be?
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Cool Further update

Best
    Gene

Gene

Still loving it, I've had a second shooting session. Did find 10 Lead BB seems to work best (had 2 jams when did try more) be interesting to see how the H&N's are, so will get some.

Thought you might like a pic of out of box & also today's shooting.

http://instagr.am/p/JXcLkfkQti/

All the best

Baz

I have a 2000 model does the newer mags give more power? also mine is nickel plated are they more desireable than the blue ones?