Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markwarren View Post
    I have gone with what The Doctor says i.e. the test group that came with my LP10 stated 4.49 so thats what I went with. I shoot JSM Match Diabolos (yellow) and I am improving slowly (particularly enjoying 20 yard at the moment). I don't think I'm at the stage where a different pellet would make much difference - but I could be, and often am, wrong

Any luck with your hunt for the elusive Model 40??

Cheers

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. The LP10 seems like an obvious one in the sense that the manufacturer states that they used a 4.49 gauge pellet to gain the test group supplied with the pistol - they don't say or reason why they choose that size rather than the 4.50, but I have been tempted like you to run the the 4.49in my LP10 - just because thats what they used - but it would be nice to know the reason why they use a slightly smaller pellet than the gauge they claim the pistol barrel is specified at.

The Feinwerkbau P44 is not so clear as no pellet size is specified in the manual to advise what they used to shoot the test card with.

No luck finding a P40 yet - but I will keep looking!
    Last edited by zooma; 13-07-2011 at 08:10 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.