Thread: 4.49 or 4.50 - what should I use and why?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Now 4.7 plus as well ?

WOW Silvershooter - now that is an interesting observation - are you sure?

I know I can buy many of the RWS pellets in 4.48, 4.49, 4.50 and 4.51 - but 4.7 plus is a new one on me thats for sure!

Unless your micrometer is a little out of sync, the RWS qaulity control on the batch you tested would suggest it to be wildly out of control and makes an absolute mockery of worrying too much about any tin marked 4.49 or 4.50 !

I do understand that as the pellet is inserted into the barrel it is "sized" to the barrel in any case. One of the reasons I started this debate was to try to make some sense out of the manufacturers apparent need to offer such minor gauge differences when minor measurements like this are wiped out when the pellet is put into the barrel.

I am guessing that your FWB shoots the Hobby pellets you have OK - even when they measure over 4.7 - so this tends to further reinforce the suggestion that these minor size specification choices we are being offered make no difference - so is it just pure "hype" and a waste of time...or is it?
    Last edited by zooma; 15-07-2011 at 09:33 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.