Thread: Transferring Section 58 to Section 1

davederrick is offline With our thoughts, we make the world

Transferring Section 58 to Section 1

Just wanted to see if I'm doing this right before setting pen to paper, perhaps someone can confirm how its done.

I've got a Martini Henry MkIV .577/.450 on Section 58 in my safe, I've now got my FAC renewal back with a Authorisation slot on it for the same. Do I just write the details in Table 1 & do I put myself down as the seller ??? Thanks.
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

Transferring Section 58 to Section 1

Ring your FAO and ask him,

Rob.

When I did this everyone I spoke to had a different way of doing, usually conflicting.

So I just sent a letter and my FAC back to the Police and asked them to add it to their system and print me off a new licence.

If I was to do it again I'd just find a friendly RFD and get them to sign the gun onto their books, then transfer it to me as a regular S1 firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post

If I was to do it again I'd just find a friendly RFD and get them to sign the gun onto their books, then transfer it to me as a regular S1 firearm.
    Unless the firearm being transferred has current valid commercial proofmarks and is in proof then using an RFD isn't an option.
    It's not necessary either. Just write it on your ticket yourself and inform the FLD within 7 days as per normal.

Quote Originally Posted by loach369 View Post
    Unless the firearm being transferred has current valid commercial proofmarks and is in proof then using an RFD isn't an option.
    It's not necessary either. Just write it on your ticket yourself and inform the FLD within 7 days as per normal.
    I agree but when I ask FEO he said I couldn't do it, so just sent him my ticket with a letter and he filled it in. I would just ring them and do as they say, much easier.

Phoned them today, and they say you can't write it in yourself, send it in & they will fill it in. Oh well, here goes again.....
    "I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright (1867-1959)

correct

Quote Originally Posted by davederrick View Post
    Just wanted to see if I'm doing this right before setting pen to paper, perhaps someone can confirm how its done.

I've got a Martini Henry MkIV .577/.450 on Section 58 in my safe, I've now got my FAC renewal back with a Authorisation slot on it for the same. Do I just write the details in Table 1 & do I put myself down as the seller ??? Thanks.
    Please forgive my ignorance but aren't they an obsolete calibre now ? I'm sure an ammo collector asked me to look out for some in NZ for him . I do know that they are still on ticket over there .

Regards , Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance but aren't they an obsolete calibre now ?
    Section 58 of the act says you can have one without a firearms certificate, i.e. you dont need to hold a ticket, if & only if you dont shoot them. If you manufacture your own rounds for them to shoot, then you need the rifle transferred onto a section 1 FAC. I bought mine from the USA, it came through customs & was delivered direct to my office with no problems, as soon as its written onto my FAC I have to keep it in the safe.

When I placed some section 58(2) on my licence, I was told to put myself down as the seller and autherisation as 58(2)

Interesting. That I think exemplifies what a mess our firearms legislation really is. Exactly the same law, being applied to the same set of circumstances, and yet 2 different police forces applying that law arrive at 2 different interpretations. Laws should be crystal clear, not open to interpretation.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Just write it on your ticket yourself and inform the FLD within 7 days as per normal.
    So far, that procedure has served me well for a rook rifle, a Snider carbine, a Cadet Martini and a Martini Henry. Police have been happy with it.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.