Thread: Newbie needing advice

Newbie needing advice

Hello i'm james .
    After a 30 year break from air rifles I dug out my old bsa airsporter due to an evergrowing magpie problem in the area. I could'nt believe what good condition it was in and still has good power .

However, my eyes are'nt what they used to be and I cant get on with the telescopic sight. Also after useing a friends airarms s200 could not believe the difference in accuracy and comfort of use.The smallish size and lightwieght of the s200 enabled my young son to use it quite comfortably, whereas the bsa it too heavy/long for him and hes not the strength to cock it.
    So I'm planning on getting a new or nearly new 2nd hand s200.
    What do you people recon to the s200 ? Will it be a good tool for magpie shooting in a large garden ? or is there a better alternative riflle ?
    I want something I can just pick off the top of a shelf and shoot from a house window, without too much faffing about ,before the magpies fly off
    Last edited by flying scotsman; 05-08-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: added info

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    It's perfect, You would struggle to find better value new or secondhand. Most are single shot, but you can upgrade to multi if you feel you need to. The stock design is great to use, the shot counts enough and the accuracy far surpasses the price. Add to that the weight and you've found the perfect gun first time. Well done!

Oh, and welcome
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

We went to the airgun center at rayliegh, essex yesterday. The service and advice there is 1st class

Anyway, after much deliberation, we ended up with a Wiehrauch 95k, short barrel with moderator, and a hawk scope. This seemed the best combination for our use and about half the price of the s200 with all the gubbins. Its easy to cock, nice and quiet, and seems good quality.It comes with a life time warranty on the rifle and scope also