Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fitting a Scope to a 300S and 601.

Thanks for your help with this, I did not understand the scope mount for the 600/601/602/603 was a genuine Feinwerkbau item, so I will give them a try to see if they have any left.

I am going to try a short scope, and I like the look of the Simmons Whitetail scope at about £100 new, but I have been told about another short Chinese scope that is worth looking at for around the £35 mark.

My guess is that "you get what you pay for", but it does look very well made so I will check it out first to see how well it works and if it is any good I will fit one to my 300S.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-08-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

No Luck with the 601 mount

Now Feinwerkbau are back from their holidays I have been able to send them the picture shown on this thread of the superb scope mount fitted to the 601 rifle.

They say they have never made anything like this, but they are looking to see if they know anyone who may have any information about who may have manufactured this rare mount.

The mount will fit any of the 600/601/602/603 range of FWB rifles and so it would be good for me to find one, but I guess it will have limited appeal these days and so the chances of finding one must be slim.

Feinwerkbau have just sent me an email with the address of two German manufacturers who may have made this 601 mount, so I will contact them both and see if this produces a result.

If it does I will provide the info so anyone else can use it too.

Well done on tracking the information down, and to FWB.

I hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Well done on tracking the information down, and to FWB.

I hope it all works out.
    Sorry about the delay - it has taken some time to track down these two manufacturers and to get a reply from them.The two manufacturers concerned were Ernst Apel GmbH and Kilic Feintechnik GmbH.

Both responded with nice polite replies, but neither actually manufactured this elusive scope mount system to fit the Feinwerkbau 600 series rifles as shown here on this thread.

Now I need to start hunting again as these two leads provided by Feinwerkbau theselves as being the "most likely" to have produced this mount never actually made them.

The plot thickens!......the mount is obviously extremely well engineered by sombody - but who?

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post
    Apparently FWB did make a scope mount for the 600 series, but the chances of finding one now would be slim!

If link works here is said mount:

I have finally given-up on ever finding one of these scope mounts to fit my Feinwerkbau 601 - but show it here again as there is a chance that a new BBS member that never read this thread the last time around may just be able to throw some light on who made it or where I can buy one.

......or maybe even have one to sell me!

Meanwhile, I have fitted a Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5 x 20mm scope to my FWB 300S and will test it this week at 10 meters. I am a little aprehensive about the 20mm size, but it is small and neat and if it works it should be fun.

.....if not, I will start looking for a suitable 40mm scope like those shown previously on this thread.

Simmons Whitetail Classic

I have found a problem with fitting this sight to my 300S.

As I "settle" on the cheekpiece of the rifle I see the cross hairs in the sight moving up and down, as well as left and right with every slight movement of the head.

I believe this is called parrallex, and there is no adjustment for this on the Whitetail 1.5-5 x 20mm, so it looks like I need to find a sight more suited to the closer distance of 10 metres, or find one that can have it's parrallex adjusted for use at this relatvely short distance.

Perhaps this is the job of the "distance" ring on a scope when fitted ?

The air rifle Running Boar shooters must have found suitable scopes to work at this distance - any ideas what works best at 10 metres?
    Last edited by zooma; 09-04-2012 at 09:43 PM.

I shoot a FWB 300s SU at 20m bench rest with a Bushnell 4-12x40 scope. I took me a while to find the right scope for the rifle and I may not have found the perfect one yet, BUT tonight I had to shoot 4 cards. 95.96.96.97.

Put it this way the rifle shoots better than me.

I have found with all my bushnell scopes there seems to be a sweet spot, it takes a while to find but when you do its worth the time you have Spent.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I believe this is called parrallex, and there is no adjustment for this on the Whitetail 1.5-5 x 20mm, so it looks like I need to find a sight more suited to the closer distance of 10 metres, or find one that can have it's parrallex adjusted for use at this relatvely short distance.
    It's still possible to adjust the parallax free distance. 10m is close range, but it should be possible to significantly reduce the parallax error you are seeing, if not fully remove it.

Here's a link showing what is involved. It's one of those jobs that is easier to do than write an explanation of.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    It's still possible to adjust the parallax free distance. 10m is close range, but it should be possible to significantly reduce the parallax error you are seeing, if not fully remove it.

Here's a link showing what is involved. It's one of those jobs that is easier to do than write an explanation of.
    Thanks for the link.

The scope I have does not have a removeable end section to hold the front lens - only the threaded lens retaining ring inside the scope outer case, so I am guessing this will make it a whole lot harder to adjust as some form or spacer will also have to be inserted behind the lens.

I will take a look and see how practical it wil be to do this. Maybe I have the wrong scope and it would be better to sell it or exchange it for something more suited or more easilly corrected for 10 metre use?

That 601 mount as I mentioned earlie has a somewhat 'Sportsmatch' appearance to it - have you tried asking Sportsmatch if it was something they might have made?
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The scope I have does not have a removeable end section to hold the front lens - only the threaded lens retaining ring inside the scope outer case...
    I sure I reparallaxed one of these and it had a "normal" locking ring on the front objective. It was probably 10+ years ago, so possibly a Mk1 version of the scope?

It might be worth asking the question in the regular "Airgun Section" to see if anyone has recent experience/knowledge. Don't give up on it yet.

Have you thought about putting out a shout for the folks with access to milling machines etc? They may be able to modify something for you.

Bing!

running target 601

I have a running target 601 all I have is a set of very high scope rings. the loading port just barely clears the scope. I got the rifle second hand and it came with the scope and rings. The scope is a normal leopold 4 power with modified posts for running target

Conversion of a Feinwerkbau C60 CO2 Match Air Rifle to a Field Target version

Here's some more sauce for the goose:

Conversion of a Feinwerkbau C60 CO2 Match Air Rifle to a Field Target version.

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...threadid=17935

for pictures and

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...ed=0CC0Q7gEwAQ

For English

Nice!

I have a C60 now but it will stay in its native form
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection