Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: are all 12g co2 capsules the same?

I'm bringing this thread back from the dead to see if anyone knows anything more about this topic?
    Has there ever been done any tests?
    Too many airguns!

Some have oil mixed in (the crosmans from memory) and I know stock class paintball players in the states avoid crosmans ones as the foil that seals them is thicker than other brands so dull pierce pins quicker (but then they'll get through a lot of them). Personally I'd go for whatever is cheapest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
    Personally I'd go for whatever is cheapest.
    Thats what I've always done. I keep my Co2 guns well oiled, so the oil cartridges are not needed.
    But some people are raving about umarex Co2, is there any truth in that? Are they cleaner? do they contain more Co2?
    Too many airguns!

On the best fittings web site, they have an article on Crosman vs Umarex capsules. They showed the insides and how grubby the crosman's are.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    Get them from JSR, own brand (unbranded). Around 32p each, gas is dry & clean. No problems after 100s of capsules.

Dynamit Noble who imported the RWS C225 recommended NOT to use Crosman, saying the oil clogged up the works. They said anything but.
    Mmmm...
    Hope the gas isn't dry, otherwise there would be naff all in them .

Edit : Damn! Just seen the date on this... I think all the questions were answered the first time round.

Quote Originally Posted by ratbuster2240 View Post
    On the best fittings web site, they have an article on Crosman vs Umarex capsules. They showed the insides and how grubby the crosman's are.
    Interesting. I have a bunch of different brands in a bag, but as usual I'm to lazy to do a comparison.
    Too many airguns!

Crosmans are grubby because of the oil in them.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
    Crosmans are grubby because of the oil in them.
    Crosman's haven't had any oil in them for donkeys years - a notion perpetuated by retailers plagerising their advertising material from material about 10 years out of date or simply never updating it.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Crosman's haven't had any oil in them for donkeys years - a notion perpetuated by retailers plagerising their advertising material from material about 10 years out of date or simply never updating it.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
    Absolutely correct here.

Umarex make expensive maintenance ones with lubricant but I use Webley Hard-Air with lubricant which are normal price.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    But some people are raving about umarex Co2, is there any truth in that? Are they cleaner? do they contain more Co2?
    Bought a makarov, and with it came some Umarex Co2 capsules.. They have different font, and different neck/seal from the Umraex capsules I already have.
    So they might not come from the same maker?
    Too many airguns!

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I didn't realise that, I stand corrected.

All the types I've used, including Milbro, Crossman, Umarex and what I think it classed as JSR's own ones did absolutely fine for me.
    I used the Walther oiled ones once as well, but as others have said, it is much cheaper to just dob a drop of pellgun oil or similar on the head before inserting (afterwards would be absolutely futile...!).

I do have to add, it never mattered much for me as I only used CO2 for speed shooting reactive targets and never in official competition, so if my pellets started dropping off mid session they either still hit the plates or I just swapped CO2 and started again.

I've been thinking about a jig to pierce and empty capsules, with a disposable filter that captures any dirt that is blown through.
    Too many airguns!

Thumbs up All about fit

In my experience, you want the co2 cannister to be a nice comfortable fit in and out to prevent it from getting stuck. I know some people often use grease on each cannister but I find that continual use of grease will result in mess and everything conjuling up in there, so find a brand which works best and fits for your gun!