Thread: MTC Tiapan

MTC Tiapan

I went to have a look at both of the new MTC Tiapan scopes this weekend at Euroguns

First impression was very good

Good build quailty and excellent glass on low magnification looking outside

It was actually brighter and crisper than my leupold which was no surprise as I took that to compare (VXII 3-9x50)

The telescopic front objective sun shade was a bit micky mouse tbh and I wasn't too impressed by the push button illumination, that in mind I'd probably go with the viper which doesn't have these options on it.

The only thing that did concern me was that at high mag the image whited out alot

Has this been an issue for many people?

Is the image alot better when the scope is mounted on the gun and your eye is lined up correctly?

i have the tiapan mounted on my logun solo 177 and love it. the only down side to it for me is the weight it is a bulk but i dnt think i have missed with it yet and its been on for over a year. on full mag i normaly scan the top end of the feilds ( i can see up the feild 500+yard by eye but to see the rabbits and can pick the out easy as 123) i have never noticed a white out even in full mag can see sheep clearly at 2miles ish (from my bedroom window across the other side of the valley)

What magnification Tiapan do you have?

off the top of my head i think its 6-24 x 56 would have to double check at home tho

East Midlands, 6 chains from the graveyard.
    I have a 4-16x50, I have removed the flip up covers and on front sunshade removed outer 'element' so there is only the one sliding part. I find the IR unnessary as the reticle is heavy enough to see in poor light.
    The white out on high mag is a subjective thing, for a long while I never got it but then found I had in certain curcomtanses, it is caused by misalignment of eye to scope and is more apparent with high mag in low light, after consideration I decided I could live with it as it shows if my eye is out of line and/or the mag needs reducing.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    My viper (6-25x56?) whites out when you get your head off axis at high mags.

I have just fitted it to a rifle intended for entry level F-TR (yes Gary, the FAC finally landed), so this is a bonus as it means the eye has to be right or no image.

Personally, had I originally purchased an MTC scope for this purpose, I would have bought a Taipan as I prefer the fine AMD ret, particularly at the longer ranges, but I am sure it will be fine.

Great scopes
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

I've spoken with MTC and I'm going to wait to have a look on their stand at the Midland Game Fair as the new Genesis will be on display their

It sounds like it will fit the bill nicely, fingers crossed

I've just got my self a second hand Tiapan but not had a chance to zero it yet. Did find the white out issue. Good to hear it's only when your eye isn't in the correct place. MUCH bigger than I'm used to (no pun intended ) and pretty heavy. not sure about hunting with it but love the AMD ret.

Whats the story with the new Genesis then??

I believe the new genesis by MTC will be their flagship scope

5-20 x 50 available in silver and black

Priced around £350

If anyone has handled the Daystate Panther on the Daystate stand at the Game Fairs this year then chances are it will have had a prototype Genesis on.

I had a real good look at the Sussex fair and was very impressed.

Got any pictures of the Genesis?

Ive got 2 and love them both AMD ret and find it perfect for my 30-70 mtr targets. Very clear and good in low light.

Would recommend to anyone.

Craig.