Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .22 muzzle loader bullets

.22 muzzle loader bullets

Anyone know anywere that does 30grain cast lead .22 bullets for a .22 muzzle loader. Cant seem to find any online and before I buy a corbin swage die I thought I would check here first

Regards

Chris

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Is that a North American Arms, Chris?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Jim,
    You got it in one mate. The wife saw one last time we were in the states as she has been going on about buying one for a couple of months. Shes just filled in all her paperwork to get a variation for one and as a suprise I tracked one down and orderd it to my local gunsmiths. Its the standard NAA Companion with all the extras (case, nipple wrench, Powder measure, bullet seating wrench and a spare set of grips) I even managed to track down some mother of pearl style grips for her. However the gun only comes with 50 cast lead 30 grain bullets. I searched all over the net and cant seem to find anywere that stocks the bullets. I'm thinking im going to have to invest in a Corbin die set for her and make the bullets myself.

rgs

Chris

Good luck with Corbin, they cost a fortune (I've got one from the pistol days) the dies are over $500 and there's a long waiting list.
    Can't you find a decent boolit mould?

Are there any heavyweight airgun pellets that would do the job?

Career, (is that right)? rifles use a very heavy pellet that is solid and about the size of a .22" bullet.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismetallica1 View Post
    Anyone know anywere that does 30grain cast lead .22 bullets for a .22 muzzle loader. Cant seem to find any online and before I buy a corbin swage die I thought I would check here first

Regards

Chris
    Chris

You spoken to Andy Allwood ?

I have not seen that size amongst anything he normally carries - but he does make a lot of weird & wonderful boolits for people

If he doesn't - he might know where you can ....

Speak later

Roy

Regards

Chris
    H&N do a .22" 24.95 grain bullet/pellet for FAC rated air rifles. May be worth a punt.
    on that famous auction site at £10.99 For 200

lyman do a mold for these heads for about £70 - might be a simpler and easier solution.

greenshoots Guest
    22 rimfire pull the heads?

greenshoots

cheers for all the info. Wosrt case is I buy some cheap .22 rimfire and pull the bullet as sugested. Obviously not with a knietick puller

greenshoots Guest
    http://www.conjay.com/North%20American%20Arms.htm

interesting little pistol...

greenshoots
    Last edited by greenshoots; 30-10-2011 at 07:07 PM. Reason: moderators double standards

It's a lot of money in the UK for an "interest" piece.......

I looked into one a few years ago now, but have so far resisted. The bullets supplied by NAA are actually factory cast bullets for .22 short ammo. Have you tried some one like Eley just for the bullets?

As an alternative, thought about round ball? No 4 buckshot (.24" diameter is popular in the US for this gun)

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Regards

Chris
    Chris, I have some Eley Tenex bullets you can have. No charge, just send me an appropriately stamped, addressed Jiffy bag and I'll pop them in the post. There's about 200 of them, so weight would be about 1lb.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Bisley this weekend or 30th Antique and classic arms fair, if allelse fails then try Andy Allwood from Allwood stocks and mouldings.

Ajay

Got some Eley Rabbit Magnums in .22 on the shelf, pm me your address and i'll chuck over 20 or so . . that way you can try them out (if any good in your BP).

Also have H&N lead BB's in 5.5mm and 5.6mm - happy to chuck 20 or each of them across to you.
    Matou: The Braughing Banger