Thread: Steyr LG110 Low Power

Steyr LG110 Low Power

Hi All,

I have a Steyr LG110 Hunting in .177, the non FAC version, although It's shooting at between 10.5 and 10.8 at the moment. I'm just wondering, is there any way to bring it back up to 11.5? I'm thinking maybe adjusting the hammer spring tension might help, how would I do this? I'm also looking at ways to quieten down the ping on my trigger unit, will the usual plastic on the firing spring help?

Obviously the simple thing would be to let the U.K Importer Harry Preston have a look at it, but my Steyr was not imported through him (I didn't realise this at the time of buying) as such, he refuses to deal with it, even if I pay him, which is understandable I guess, but still very annoying.

What do you guys suggest I do?

Kind Regards
    George

It may be worth posting in the General Airgun section to get a wider viewing.

Which transfer port does your LG110 have? The standard fitting is quite restrictive and lowers the shot count but should keep the rifle legal in all circumstances. Replacements are available (black transfer port I believe) which are more efficient but then you run into the issue of the rifle potentially going over the limit.

I'm assuming the Hunting model is also fitted with the fine tuning power adjustment like other LG110s and that you have tried that.

Having a few problems with the website at the moment, can't edit or amend posts...

Were those ME figures the highest from a selection of pellets, or the results using your favoured pellet?

Those were using a selection of pellets JSB Exact 4.52's and the heavier Crosman Premiers. I've managed to sort the problem now. The Hunting model I have does not have the fine tuning power adjustment like on the FT, yet it has the FT adjustable trigger mech fitted (all the other Hunter's I've seen have a fairly basic curved trigger blade) I figured out how to adjust the firing spring tension correctly, it only requires fine adjustment, too much and the power actually goes down, no doubt to stop you from taking it over the legal limit. Running very happily at 11.65 lbs/ft with Exacts now.

For anyone else whose LG110 Hunting is running a bit high or low, it's a handy way of keeping your rifle running safely within the legal limit (I know a lot of the Steyrs sometimes go over when using the lighter JSB's) without completely dismantling the thing or replacing transfer ports. Take the stock and trigger guard off and it's the large flat head screw on the rear of the action, I found that quarter of a turn would take me up/down 0.5 lbs/ft, between a range of 3 lbs/ft up to 11.9 lbs/ft.

Kind Regards
    George