Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Rossendale Air Pistol Club

Two New Members

We had two new shooters come and have a go with us last night, one from Bury and one from Barnsley.

Thats the good news, but it meant that I only got to shoot one card myself as I spent all night "coaching" so they had a good basic introduction and understood range safety and how everything works - something I really enjoyed doing.

We were also able to let them try the different types of match air pistol so they had a good grounding on the various types from spring powered ( Feinwerkbau Model 80), single stroke pneumatic ( FAS 604), CO2 ( Feinwerkbau C10,Tau 7 Match and Alfa pro) and pre-charged pneumatic ( My own Feinwerkbau P44).

Both seemed very happy and want to come again, so BBS is helping us to expand our small membership and we hope a few more will read this thread and give us a try.

New clubs in small towns are difficult to get started, but I think it is a bit like a snowball that is hard to get rolling, but will gather a bit of momentum once it does start rolling.

.....or at least that is what I hope!

Our previous two new members that started shooting 4-5 weeks ago are now able to keep most of their shots "in the black", and one of them scored a 94 last night (average 84.56 on a 10 card shoot), so I am pleased that our basic tuition is able to achieve this with complete non-shooting novices that had never shot anything previously.

10 meter air pistol shooting is all we do, but I hope we can win a few more members yet and get enough support to pay the rent!
    Last edited by zooma; 02-11-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Where is it?

To save any more emails and PM with the same question, I will let everyone know where the club is located.

The club is at the end of the M66 motorway in Rawtenstall.

The motorway ends on a roundabout - take the Burnley Road exit and look for the 24 hour ASDA on your left after only 100 yards or so.

Some park in the ASDA car park and when leaving the car park look across the road to see the HSBC Bank, and to the right of that - the last remaining Temperence Bar in the UK ( next to a fish and chip shop).

The entrance to the Longholme Methodist Chrch Hall is right next to the Temperence Bar so it is very easy to find and only 100 yards or so from the end of the motorway.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by zooma; 03-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Progress in Rossendale.

Our new small Club is making some progress - Ten of our new members have just entered the 10 meter air pistol NSRA/ELEY Postal Championship 2012

Every new journey starts with one small step - and this is our first small step towards competition shooting for our new members.

Most have never shot anything before ( and certainly not an air pistol), so I am really chuffed and hoping they do well and enjoy the experience enough to enter more competitions and keep practising.

New members are always welcome - beginners and experienced target pistol shooters are needed - we need a few more members!