Thread: Hw100s low on power?????????

Hw100s low on power?????????

Hi all i took my son field target shooting today and the first thing the club check was what power my hw100 was kicking out to make sure it wasnt over power and belive me i was very supprise that it was far from that!!! it was way under power prob about 8ft lb!! i have had this gun for about a year and havent used it a great deal so hadnt realised the lack of power. has any one had a simular problem or may no the cause???? its not losing air pressure at all.

Try a different (heavier) pellet

HTH Pete
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Get it looked at if it's putting out 8ftlb a heavy pellet isn't gonna sort it

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Sorry to raise a very old thread!

However looking at this thread it seems to mirror my experience. My HW100KS was 11.4 ftllb when I bought it, 10 months later it was 8 ft llbs. I took it back to the airgun centre in Essex, bit of a drive, and they reset the power at 11.7, they said. After a day I checked it, it was more like a range of 12.5 (!) to 11.7, with H&N FTT pellets, and slightly higher with Superdomes.

After a month or so this has gone down to 11.4 to 11.9 ish, which makes me think it will go down again, and over a year I'll end up back at 8 ft llbs ..

Anyway, I've thought about sending it to HW100 tuning, so first, does anyone have any experience of this company? I've heard good things. Also, what would they replace that would fix this problem? I've read they improve the regulator, and remove the anti tamper device among other thing.

Hope someone reads this
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post

However looking at this thread it seems to mirror my experience. My HW100KS was 11.4 ftllb when I bought it, 10 months later it was 8 ft llbs. I took it back to the airgun centre in Essex, bit of a drive, and they reset the power at 11.7, they said. After a day I checked it, it was more like a range of 12.5 (!) to 11.7, with H&N FTT pellets, and slightly higher with Superdomes.

After a month or so this has gone down to 11.4 to 11.9 ish, which makes me think it will go down again, and over a year I'll end up back at 8 ft llbs ..

Anyway, I've thought about sending it to HW100 tuning, so first, does anyone have any experience of this company? I've heard good things. Also, what would they replace that would fix this problem? I've read they improve the regulator, and remove the anti tamper device among other thing.

Hope someone reads this
    I'm currently looking at getting the hw100 ,but I've heard this problem quite alot , I've found a company called the ratworks, in Leicestershire, they sell new hw100s with new bottle fitted and new tench regulator swap ,they are a gun smith BTW..they would no doubt be able to sort it out for u !

Quote Originally Posted by throdgrain View Post

Hope someone reads this
    It's possible the airgun centre might have just adjusted the hammer tension and now the velocity is going a bit haywire (I've had this happen before). A good place to start would be to check what pressure your regulator is stabilising at and adjust if necessary. Sending it to HW100Tuning will definitely see this done and/or possibly a seal service as well.

Hello, I thought this was a problem with 110s but having read the post it looks like the same problem , a faulty hammer spring, ??? HW and the importer have no interest once the warranty ends, there's going to be a lot more disappointed people who buy a HW pcp,

throdgrain is offline There I was minding my own business......
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, Ratworks are similar to HW100 Tuning I believe. I think this gun will be going to one or the other of these companies. I dont really know how to check the regulator pressure myslef unfortunately, however the fps is ranging over a 10 shot string at 25 fps different, which seems quite a lot to me for a gun of this price.
    Mark